Author Topic: Empathy is no longer showing notifications  (Read 692 times)

Offline KabirGandhiok

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: Gnome / Xfce
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: 41 / 44
  • Skill: Novice
Empathy is no longer showing notifications
« on: 04. May 2016, 19:12:43 »
Hi,

All of a sudden empathy has stopped showing notifications in the top gnome panel, and it started beeping whenever new messages are received, until now the beeps were not heard, I would just get the notification banner. I've turned off the beep, but I can't out to get the new message notification banner back. Everything seems checked in notification and empathy settings. Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Offline KabirGandhiok

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: Gnome / Xfce
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: 41 / 44
  • Skill: Novice
Re: Empathy is no longer showing notifications
« Reply #1 on: 04. May 2016, 21:35:36 »
Hi,

All of a sudden empathy has stopped showing notifications in the top gnome panel, and it started beeping whenever new messages are received, until now the beeps were not heard, I would just get the notification banner. I've turned off the beep, but I can't out to get the new message notification banner back. Everything seems checked in notification and empathy settings. Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Update - the notifications are visible after I log out and log back in. But after every restart or fresh power on, I face the above issue. I'd like to fix this because it would be a hassle to log out and back in every time i turn on my laptop. Until yesterday there was no such problem, and since then I havnt installed any software except the numix and numix archblue themes.