Author Topic: Custom respins and builds of Manjaro  (Read 5585 times)

Offline philm

• Core Team
    • Manjaro Linux
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: Geforce GTX 650
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Maintainer - so all ;)
  • Skill: Guru
Custom respins and builds of Manjaro
« on: 08. April 2013, 22:46:00 »
Manjaro Linux is based on Archlinux and driven by our great community. With our Editions we offer prefect choices to get started with GNU/Linux easy. All our Editions include basic applications for daily basis. From a webbrowser, an office suite or tools to manage your emails you also may find some nice graphical tools to maintain your installation with few clicks.

Our Community Editions extend the choices you have to get started with Manjaro Linux. Our trusted Maintainers working closely with our great community to get their wishes out there and on the install-medias. This one of our great features to listen to our users and act on it.

Net-Edition is a basic image you get Xorg-Server installed and all your drivers. Also it has a nice cli-installer at todays state.
With this install-media you are your own master and manage your packages, which desktop you may install or build your system.

But we don't stop there. Not everybody can be pleased with our releases. So what to do? Well, if ManjaroNet isn't your cup of tee you may want to create your own custom builds using ManjaroISO instead. A video explaining how it works and how to get started is available. manjaroiso-git uses our latest source-code. You will have bleeding-edge packages and features coming to our next stable release right now. Get on it, get started and spread Manjaro to a lot of boxes the way you want to do it!

Offline edge226

• Jr. Mitglied
    • Cutting Edge Linux
  • Branch: stable / Stable
  • Desktop: Xfce + KWIN + Cairo-dock / Enlightenment
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT440 / Intel HD4000
  • GPU driver: non-free / Free
  • Kernel: linux311-x64
Re: Custom respins and builds of Manjaro
« Reply #1 on: 18. August 2013, 06:10:41 »
how do you get the non-free overlay working? Nevermind Got it.
« Last Edit: 18. August 2013, 06:15:29 by edge226 »

Offline philm

• Core Team
    • Manjaro Linux
  • Branch: Unstable
  • GPU Card: Geforce GTX 650
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Maintainer - so all ;)
« Reply #2 on: 18. August 2013, 10:52:39 »
I need your profile so I can check.

Offline seijzermans

• Neuling
  • Veni Vidi Vici
  • Branch: stable 0.8.10
  • Desktop: Mate
  • GPU Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller / NVIDIA G96M [GeForce GT 130M]
  • Kernel: 3.14.17-1-MANJARO
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #3 on: 15. September 2014, 20:37:14 »
Hello ,

I'm thinking to build a server oriented Manjaro. Based on the stable packages and with the net edition as a basis.
Since this base only needs to have a shell for configuring i was wondering witch packages could be deleted in the base net ?

The idea is as thin as possible. I"ll be adding other packages for networking and firewall.
Could the net edition use calamares as an installer instead of the cli installer ?

best regards ,

S.
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Offline mips

• Held Mitglied
  • Valkyrja
  • Branch: Testing
  • GPU Card: GTX 960
  • GPU driver: video-nvidia
  • Kernel: 3.16
  • Skill: Intermediate
« Reply #4 on: 15. September 2014, 21:47:06 »
The idea is as thin as possible. I"ll be adding other packages for networking and firewall.
Could the net edition use calamares as an installer instead of the cli installer ?

Calamares would require X & maybe a window manager if I'm not mistaken.

Offline seijzermans

• Neuling
  • Veni Vidi Vici
  • Branch: stable 0.8.10
  • Desktop: Mate
  • GPU Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Integrated Graphics Controller / NVIDIA G96M [GeForce GT 130M]
  • Kernel: 3.14.17-1-MANJARO
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #5 on: 15. September 2014, 21:50:46 »

Calamares would require X & maybe a window manager if I'm not mistaken.

well for the iso that wouldn't be a big problem , as long as it doesn't install this afterwards
calamares is a nice installer and for a server distro a few extra options/packages could be installed according to the answers from ...

Kinda like the ubuntu server installer that uses taskel to install extra packages
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Offline fassil

• Support Team
  • Branch: stable/unstable
  • Desktop: E19/E20
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: Linux314 & 318
  • Skill: Intermediate
« Reply #6 on: 03. November 2014, 10:45:11 »
Hi,

New dependancies in last unstable update repos ? -> no way to don't use Gtk3 & some others for building with E, in example...
O_ops, very bad formulation  ;)
« Last Edit: 04. November 2014, 10:37:04 by fassil »
"Are you enlightened ?"