Poll

Did you experience any issue with this update?

No issues, everything went smoothly.
132 (62.9%)
Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
30 (14.3%)
Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
48 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 210

Author Topic: [Update] 2016-04-26 - Cinnamon 3.0, Pamac, Gnome 3.20, KDE, Virtualbox  (Read 24921 times)

Offline aggraef

• Neuling
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: xfce
  • Skill: Advanced
The Emacs 24 toolbar comes up empty after the GTK update. Has anyone found a solution for that yet?

It's a known issue with GTK 3.20, see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1621271#p1621271. Reportedly upgrading to emacs-git fixes the issue.

Offline hitman2

• Neuling
  • Desktop: Xfce
  • GPU Card: ati
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.0.9-1
  • Skill: Novice

Offline oberon

• Core Team
  • I'm nice. Be new!
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: i3, Deepin, Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Intel ValleyView Gen7
  • GPU driver: Intel
  • Kernel: 4.1 / 4.4
  • Skill: Intermediate
I personally love the Adwaita-manjaro theme and dislike the Vertex one. However, at first it looked okay, but now it looks like it's conflicting with the original Adwaita and the text for icons on the desktop is suddenly dark grey, instead of white.
I'm not sure what you mean with conflicting. ???
The icon text has its intended color. It's the same highlight color as everywhere else with the maia themes. With the regular Adwaita theme the icon text highlight for me is not white but blue:

regular Adwaita

Adwaita-Manjaro

The background problem looks more like one of those gsettings things ... Your're using Gnome, aren't you?
manjaro is addictive ::)
* manjaro-i3  * manjaro-cinnamon  * manjaro-deepin

Offline heyne001

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
I'm not sure what you mean with conflicting. ???
The icon text has its intended color. It's the same highlight color as everywhere else with the maia themes. With the regular Adwaita theme the icon text highlight for me is not white but blue:

regular Adwaita

Adwaita-Manjaro

The background problem looks more like one of those gsettings things ... Your're using Gnome, aren't you?

Yup, Gnome.

By conflicting I mean that the Adwaita-Manjaro "highlight" colour should be green instead of blue, right? But for some reason the blue "shines" through. You can see it on these images in my post. These screenshots are taken on the same system. As you can see, on the second image, the highlight colour is green and blue at the same time.

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=33377.msg273849#msg273849

Not a major issue of course, I just use the regular Adwaita then, but would prefer the green highlight instead of blue - would make it look more "Manjaro" haha :) And also, the black/grey icon text on desktop makes it difficult to read on darker backgrounds. This "bug" doesn't appear on the regular Adwaita.

Who is responsible for the Adwaita-Manjaro theme development on Gnome? Maybe I should contact that person? Maybe it's my systems issue, but it occurs on 2 of my computers, one of them is a fresh install.

Offline Rob

• Core Team
  • Alias: Korrode
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Xfce+Compiz
  • GPU Card: nVidia GTX560Ti
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: linux314 x64
Yup, Gnome.

By conflicting I mean that the Adwaita-Manjaro "highlight" colour should be green instead of blue, right? But for some reason the blue "shines" through. You can see it on these images in my post. These screenshots are taken on the same system. As you can see, on the second image, the highlight colour is green and blue at the same time.

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=33377.msg273849#msg273849

Not a major issue of course, I just use the regular Adwaita then, but would prefer the green highlight instead of blue - would make it look more "Manjaro" haha :) And also, the black/grey icon text on desktop makes it difficult to read on darker backgrounds. This "bug" doesn't appear on the regular Adwaita.

Who is responsible for the Adwaita-Manjaro theme development on Gnome? Maybe I should contact that person? Maybe it's my systems issue, but it occurs on 2 of my computers, one of them is a fresh install.

Firstly note that Vertex-Maia is the 'main' Manjaro theme and has had much more time spent on it, indeed Adwaita-Manjaro needs more work.

Until recently i'd only tested in Xfce (but also checked a number of GTK 3.20 apps), but now that i've checked it in Gnome 3 i see there's still some blue.

Not surprising really, look how many colour substitutions were needed to get Vertex-Maia where it is:
https://github.com/manjaro/packages-community/blob/master/vertex-maia-themes/PKGBUILD#L71

Where as Adwaita-Manjaro so far has only:
https://github.com/manjaro/packages-community/blob/master/adwaita-manjaro-themes/PKGBUILD#L57

Everyone can feel free to help with this, you just open in a text editor the file:
/usr/share/themes/Manjaro-Adwaita/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
and start checking all the hex colour codes in the file to see which of them are blue and then let us know. (Github pull requests for the PKGBUILD would be nice, but just posting codes is fine too (start a new thread though).)
You can type the codes into the "Hex" field on this site to check them:
http://colorizer.org/
Or you can use the colour chooser window in GIMP, or whatever.
« Last Edit: 01. May 2016, 02:19:53 by Rob »

Offline oberon

• Core Team
  • I'm nice. Be new!
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: i3, Deepin, Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Intel ValleyView Gen7
  • GPU driver: Intel
  • Kernel: 4.1 / 4.4
You can type the codes into the "Hex" field on this site to check them:
http://colorizer.org/
Or you can use the colour chooser window in GIMP, or whatever.
Or, you can install a very useful tiny utility: gcolor2 - I spent many hours with that new friend of mine recently :P ... ;D

manjaro is addictive ::)
* manjaro-i3  * manjaro-cinnamon  * manjaro-deepin

Offline Rob

• Core Team
  • Alias: Korrode
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Xfce+Compiz
  • GPU Card: nVidia GTX560Ti
  • Kernel: linux314 x64
ah, nice :)

Offline evktalo

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: LXDE
Everything else is working smoothly, but my wireless X360 pads aren't working (they did two days prior to this update). The usb adapter works and registers 4 js devices, but the pads themselves don't seem to be syncing, I can get no action going looking at jstest-gtk. Looks like there was an update to xpad in the latest update. (Searching Arch wiki & forums suggests trying xboxdrv, but xpad did work just fine to me before.)

edit: except the xpad that was updated is a sticky notes program, and not the joystick kernel module...  ;D
« Last Edit: 01. May 2016, 10:13:27 by evktalo »

Offline polibenex

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Asus Ultrabook K56CB, Intel Core i7 - 3537U 2.0GHz
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: KDE
  • GPU Card: Intel Graphics 3rd Gen Core + nVidia GK107M [GeForce GT 740M]
  • Kernel: linux 4.5.2-1 x64
It's not a real issue, but after update the temperature stays over 60° without working. Before the update the temperature was about 51\52°.

Offline aguador

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Desktop: E20
  • GPU Card: Intel 945 GME; Radeon 9000; Nvidia 340xx
  • GPU driver: Free; free; free
  • Kernel: Linux314-net; Linux44-x86; Linux44-x64
@polibenex: If you look back through the thread, I recall seeing another post about increased temperatures. You can try another kernel to see if that fixes the problem. If not there may be an issue with the nVidia driver or bumblebee.

Offline sbaragnaus

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Desktop: Kde
  • GPU Card: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Kernel: x64
After this update, Spectacle (kde screenshot applications) all icons in "save as..." dialog are gone.

Please look at this:

Why?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 01. May 2016, 14:52:53 by sbaragnaus »

Offline Gregor

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: nVidia
  • Kernel: 4.1
After update and reboot I got a black screen with blinking cursor instead of login screen. Reinstall non-free nVidia driver did not help, I uninstalled it and nouveau works. Kernel is 4.1.23. Situation was the same with 4.5.2 kernel. I attached my inxi log. Is there any idea how to use non-free driver?

Offline polibenex

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Asus Ultrabook K56CB, Intel Core i7 - 3537U 2.0GHz
  • Desktop: KDE
  • GPU Card: Intel Graphics 3rd Gen Core + nVidia GK107M [GeForce GT 740M]
  • Kernel: linux 4.5.2-1 x64
@polibenex: If you look back through the thread, I recall seeing another post about increased temperatures. You can try another kernel to see if that fixes the problem. If not there may be an issue with the nVidia driver or bumblebee.

I already tried to change kernel but the temperature was still high. It's not a problem with the kernel

Offline Gregor

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: nVidia
  • Kernel: 4.1
After the update the Nemo side bar is too narrow (see on the attachment). When I adjust it, next time I get the original size. I deleted the ~/.config/nemo directory, but did not help. In the past I simply resized the sidebar with mouse and it was fine. Is there any other way to set the sidebar's width?

Offline tedjazz

• Neuling
  • Desktop: Openbox
  • GPU Card: Radeon HD 6550D
  • Kernel: 3.8.13.2-1-MANJARO
After update and reboot I got a black screen with blinking cursor instead of login screen. Reinstall non-free nVidia driver did not help, I uninstalled it and nouveau works. Kernel is 4.1.23. Situation was the same with 4.5.2 kernel. I attached my inxi log. Is there any idea how to use non-free driver?

I have the same. it says:
Code: [Select]
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nvidia': Exec format error