Author Topic: [Soft Question] What are some great widgets that can be integrated with DDE ?  (Read 928 times)

Offline Turbasu

• Neuling
  • Math undergrad. Linux enthusiast. Coffee guy.
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: Deepin 16.03
  • GPU Card: nVidia GTX 960
  • Skill: Novice
I was wondering if there were some great widgets like weather, reminders, clock, cpu monitors, etc. that can be added to the Deepin Desktop that can make it not only useful but also customizable (Its Arch, right !). Thanks and cheerio !
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.

Offline stevedude

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Deepin
  • GPU Card: NVidia GTS 450
  • GPU driver: Non-Free
  • Kernel: linux41-x64
If you're referring to stand-alone applets then just so a search for "widget" in the repository for a listing of available applets.

I like to use tray notification/indicator programs. For weather I use "meteo-qt", for calendar appointments and tasks I use "orage" synced to my google calendar and I run a script to update orage to google. I use "sticky-notes" for reminders, and a keylock indicator to let me know when I have the caps lock/num lock on or off.

Do a search for "indicator" in repository for a listing of those type of programs. Be aware not all of them seem to work, IE: I tried the google calendar indicator and it would not work for me so I used Orage instead.

Enjoy
« Last Edit: 27. April 2016, 12:54:40 by stevedude »

Offline Turbasu

• Neuling
  • Math undergrad. Linux enthusiast. Coffee guy.
  • Desktop: Deepin 16.03
  • GPU Card: nVidia GTX 960
Great choice ! I'm going to try those out for sure !

I'm using Conky with the Conky Manager for it's sleek system clock as well as Gis Weather for the weather updates.

In the meantime, I'm keeping this thread open if anyone else wants to drop in any of their suggestion.
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.