Poll

Did you experience any issue with this update?

No issues, everything went smoothly.
15 (100%)
Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
0 (0%)
Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: [Update] 2016-04-23 - KDE Apps 16.04, Kernels, Profile-Settings  (Read 4163 times)

Offline eduardo

• Sr. Mitglied
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: KDE plasma 5
  • GPU Card: Intel HDGraphics 4400 / Nvidia Geforce 960M
  • GPU driver: non-free on nvidia
  • Kernel: linux44, linux45_RC
  • Skill: Novice
Re: [Update] 2016-04-23 - KDE Apps 16.04, Kernels, Profile-Settings
« Reply #30 on: 27. April 2016, 01:01:32 »
eh.. wanted to check what version of plasma you had on stable and I think it doesn't have that annoying bug with the KWIN compositor.
It has already been reported also from other distro users with ATI and NVIDIA cards.

tbh I was expecting a very quick fix from them but It has been a month already and Plasma 5 developers didnt release any fix.
I think not many users are using unstable repos thats why the problem is not a big issue so I guess they will release bug fixes according to Plasma 5 schedule releases.

Here is a sample of how it is
You open Kodi Media Player to watch a movie-> compositor breaks - black shadows all over
You open Unreal Engine to learn something -> compositor breaks - black shadows all over
You open to play a steam game -> compositor breaks - black shadows all over
You open to play Mame Games -> compositor breaks - black shadows all over
the compositor can be disabled with shift + alt + f12, or you can try changing the rendering engine on the settings, I have been having problems if I use opengl there, but xRender seems to works fine

Offline philm

• Core Team
    • Manjaro Linux
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: Geforce GTX 650
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Maintainer - so all ;)
  • Skill: Guru
« Reply #31 on: 27. April 2016, 08:30:51 »
@eduardo: please read this.

Offline deemde

• Neuling
  • I'm me. Be nice!
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: KDE 5
  • GPU Card: Intel HD 520 (Skylake)
  • GPU driver: Mesa
  • Kernel: 4.6rc6
  • Skill: Intermediate
« Reply #32 on: 08. May 2016, 19:05:53 »
Is there someone, who can reproduce this? After the last few updates (either Firmware or KDE update - related) the folling Problem persists:

When connecting an external monitor, switching to it, then disconnecting it, plasma crashes and restarts, leaving display brightness level settings without effect. (xbacklight)

Best
Damian