Author Topic: PlayOnLinux Battle.net Issue  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Stu

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Skill: Intermediate
PlayOnLinux Battle.net Issue
« on: 19. April 2016, 07:52:54 »
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread area to post in but I am trying to get battle.net application working using PlayOnLinux however when I launch the application the window is very shaky/glitchy while moving and cannot be moved to my primary display and then after it reaches 100% installed, it closes and does not come back. Also, if I move the battle.net window too quickly it disappears. If I try to launch battle.net from PlayOnLinux VM after install, it does not show up. I'm running 64-bit Gnome and I believe the video drive in my system (Intel HD Graphics 4600) has some issues with linux. I have mesa-11.2.1-1 installed as well as its dependencies xf86-video-ati, intel, nouveau, and vmware. I am also using Wine version 1.7.24 amd64.  Here is a full output from opening PlayOnLinux to the errors that occur: http://pastebin.com/iNSJ2reU

Offline Stu

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Re: PlayOnLinux Battle.net Issue
« Reply #1 on: 19. April 2016, 22:16:34 »
I installed ldap lib32 through pacman -S lib32-libldap as described in another thread and and now able to get to the battlenet window and even install games however when battlenet opens now I get a Program Error screen which says that Battle.net Helper.exe has encoured a serious problem and needs to close however the battle.net window stays open and seems to function correctly, is this error just a false positive, and is there any way I can get rid of it if that's the case?

Offline thinking-aloud

• Neuling
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: 2x Gnome (PCs) & XFCE (NB)
  • GPU Card: GTX 660 (main PC)
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: 4.1.x
Re: PlayOnLinux Battle.net Issue
« Reply #2 on: 25. April 2016, 01:11:40 »
@Stu
try using Windows XP instead of the default Windows 7 in the wine config. Does it for me.