Author Topic: How do I search all manjaro repositories for the latest packages instantly?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline crocket

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Skill: Novice
AH, I see. And I can see you have more than a spurious interest in doing so. I notice on your GitHub link, that if you click on your name, goto Public Activity, there is an RSS feed. Does/would that help? Minorly distracting.

For me, a good indica works wonders on OCD stuff, but I live where it is legal medicine.

Regards

I get emails for every comment on the issues I contributed to. So, I could check emails at the end of a day. Perhaps, I shouldn't obsess over when exactly certain packages appear on unstable since I learned from this thread that unstable branch is updated on every mirror quite frequently anyway.

Offline crazyg4merz

• Held Mitglied
  • Experience it, that's the way of learning!!
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Gnome
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX 970
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Linux420-x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
Just download that bluez package from unstable repo and install it offline into your stable Manjaro installation, pacman will tell you that your local bluez is newer than the repo, when bluez in the repo is newer than your manually installed bluez, pacman will update if for you.

Offline crocket

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Skill: Novice
Just download that bluez package from unstable repo and install it offline into your stable Manjaro installation, pacman will tell you that your local bluez is newer than the repo, when bluez in the repo is newer than your manually installed bluez, pacman will update if for you.

That sounds ok.

Offline jonathon

• Core Team
  • Technologist - Teacher - Tea drinker
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: MATE 1.14
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX680M
  • GPU driver: Bumblebee nvidia+intel
  • Kernel: 4.6.0-*-MANJARO x86_64
  • Skill: Advanced
Being able to predict when certain package would be available on unstable helps collaborate on package issues like https://github.com/manjaro/packages-extra/issues/63 as smoothly as possible.

Ah! This makes sense. In which case, the fastest way to get package update notifications is the packaging mailing list: https://lists.manjaro.org/pipermail/manjaro-packages/ .
--
MSI GT70: Core i7-3630QM, 16GB, Nvidia GTX680M, Intel 2230, Manjaro-MATE-amd64-EFI
Lenovo X230: Core i5-3320M, 4GB, Intel HD4000, Intel 6205, Manjaro-MATE-amd64
Dell Studio 1749: Core i5 540, 8GB, ATi HD5650, Intel WLAN, Manjaro-Xfce-amd64
Let's go in the garden; you'll find something waiting.

Offline crazyg4merz

• Held Mitglied
  • Experience it, that's the way of learning!!
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Gnome
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX 970
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Linux420-x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
That sounds ok.
Nice, to install it offline, do
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -U /path/to.tar.gzAnd don't forget to mark this thread as solved. :)