Poll

Did you experience any issue with this update?

No issues, everything went smoothly.
103 (87.3%)
Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
6 (5.1%)
Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
9 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: [Update] 2016-03-05 - Plasma5, php 7.0.4, manjaro-cli-installer, Kernels, Python  (Read 4738 times)

Offline notageek

• Jr. Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Stable
  • Skill: Novice
I've to try three or four time pacman-mirrors -g before getting the availability of updates

shutdown and reboot delay is still there, one to one and half minute
Plasma 5 Kernel 319-318 on Dell Precision M4800 i7 4800MQ NVidia Optimus K1100M + Intel HD 4600 16 GB RAM SSD Samsung 840 Pro
Plasma 5 Kernel 44-41 on Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen3 i5 5200 Intel HD 5500 8 GB RAM SSD Samsung SM951

Offline KabirGandhiok

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Desktop: Gnome / Xfce
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: 41 / 44
I've to try three or four time pacman-mirrors -g before getting the availability of updates

Besides having to run pacman-mirrors -g about 4 times, smooth update. I guess all the mirrors were not updated, maybe that's why download kept stopping midway.

Anyway, update done, reboot ok, all works fine. Thanks!

Offline neil1969

• Neuling
  • Branch: All
  • Desktop: XFCE 4.12
  • GPU Card: Intel Ivybridge Mobile / AMD R7 250X
  • GPU driver: Free / Non-Free
  • Kernel: Linux44-x64 / Linux 44-x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
After this update 3 of my computers hangs and won't load with kernel 4.4. My two desktops with NVIDIA graphics, and my wife's HP laptop with Intel graphic. It goes through a loop cycle. So I had to go to advanced settings and boot with kennel 4.2, which works fine. The funny thing is that my other laptop with INTEL graphics, and my Toshiba Tecra with ATI had no problem with kernel 4.4. Therefore I assume there is a bug with that kernel that caused this. Hope a future update will fix this issue soon.  :-\

I have had similar issues in the past with one of my machines with Intel Graphics and every time it was the use of sna instead of uxa in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf  Currently running Manjaro 15.12 with XFCE on the 4.4 kernel on that machine with no problem.

Offline fredhoud

• Sr. Mitglied
  • King of Liunx!
  • Desktop: KDE Plasma Version 5.6.3
  • GPU Card: Intel Quad Core i7-4790K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: 4.4.9-1 Manjaro
I have had similar issues in the past with one of my machines with Intel Graphics and every time it was the use of sna instead of uxa in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/intel.conf  Currently running Manjaro 15.12 with XFCE on the 4.4 kernel on that machine with no problem.

I also might add, it works fine with Kernel 4.1 as well.

Offline steanne

• Neuling
  • Desktop: xfce
  • GPU Card: GTX970
  • Kernel: 4.4.6-1
The /etc/pacman-mirrors,conf now has a new option which you ca set to keep your mirror if the mirrors get updated. :)

that would be handy!  but i see branch, gen method (rank or random), country, and input and output dirs.  what's the new variable?

edit: never mind, i found it in the pacnew backup. 

NoUpdate = True
« Last Edit: 05. March 2016, 19:19:49 by steanne »

Offline CyberWolf2k14

• Held Mitglied
  • Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
  • Branch: Stable-sysd229-LightDM
  • Desktop: MATE/Cinnamon/GNOME
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce GT740
  • GPU driver: nVidia-NF-364.19
  • Kernel: 4.4.9x64 / 4.2.8.9x64 / 4.1.23x64
FWIW: I'm also in the U.S. (East Coast) and have never been able to update/upgrade Manjaro on the same date as the announcement. I usually have to wait a couple of days before I can update via cli or when the update manager shows that update is available. I don't worry about it; it is what it is.
I think only like 3 to 4 times total have I had to wait 1 day extra, the rest have been shortly after I read about the update being out.

NOTE:
I am currently under Win7, but after I post I will reboot into Manjaro and see if update will be there now. ::) 8)
PowerSpec Quad core Intel Core i5-4690K w/ 16GB RAM
Dual Boot = Win 7 Ult x64 and Manjaro 15.12 x64
===================================================
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history...
with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila".

Offline philm

• Core Team
    • Manjaro Linux
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: Geforce GTX 650
  • Kernel: Maintainer - so all ;)
  • Skill: Guru
Problem when generating an ISO :

Code: [Select]
error: target not found: manjaro-livecd-systemd
error: target not found: manjaro-livecd-cli-installer

something is again changed ?

Hi there,

seems you're using some outdated manjaro-tools and profiles. The latest should work. You can also check with our development:

https://github.com/manjaro/manjaro-tools/commits/master
https://github.com/manjaro/manjaro-tools-iso-profiles/commits/master
https://github.com/manjaro/manjaro-tools-livecd/commits/master
https://github.com/manjaro/desktop-settings/commits/master

Offline jimmyrustler

• Neuling
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: XFCE Fluxbox
  • GPU Card: AMD 7790
  • GPU driver: Catalyst
  • Kernel: 4.4
No issues, great work guys!

Both Fluxbox OpenRC and standard XFCE updated with no problems.

I did however notice a smaller annoyance when I tried to install the latest Chromium. I get the program flickering, I can't click on close or min/max buttons or open up the bookmarks and it just refuses to work properly. Something tells me this is the Compiz issue, because none of this happens when I switch to Xfwm4 or Metacity.

Offline CyberWolf2k14

• Held Mitglied
  • Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
  • Branch: Stable-sysd229-LightDM
  • Desktop: MATE/Cinnamon/GNOME
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce GT740
  • GPU driver: nVidia-NF-364.19
  • Kernel: 4.4.9x64 / 4.2.8.9x64 / 4.1.23x64
Well, as of approx. 1 hr ago it finally did the update, and as has been the case for a while now, it went smoothly and flawlessly.
Even more congrats rain down on devs.
PowerSpec Quad core Intel Core i5-4690K w/ 16GB RAM
Dual Boot = Win 7 Ult x64 and Manjaro 15.12 x64
===================================================
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history...
with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila".

Offline Weropol

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Greetings, this is my first post here on the Manjaro forums.  I have been running Manjaro KDE since January and have been able to solve all update issues myself, until now.  If anyone could give me some advice on this I would be very grateful.

Everything was running well until update 2016-02-29 when I encountered three problems.  Two of them I was able to fix.

• The bluetooth adapter was set powered off after reboot or standby.  I fixed it by toggling the adapter power several times and then rebooting.
  • When connecting to secured WiFi networks I was requested to type in the password even though I saved it in the connection manager before.  I checked and found that the connection manager had corrupted all my saved passwords.  Re-adding all the WiFi passwords solved the problem.

Now this third problem is something else entirely.  After mounting a VeraCrypt volume, the drive that appears in Dolphin's "Places" sidebar shows the unmounted icon.  When clicking on this drive, it is mounted a second time in /run/media/username/DRIVE-LABEL, while the correct mount from VeraCrypt with the options I want is already at /media/veracrypt#.

The mount command shows:
veracrypt on /tmp/.veracrypt_aux_mnt1 type fuse.veracrypt (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other)
/dev/mapper/veracrypt5 on /media/veracrypt5 type vfat (rw,noatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mapper/veracrypt5 on /run/media/myusername/DRIVE-LABEL type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro,uhelper=udisks2)

Previously Dolphin would show the VeraCrypt volume in the drives list as already mounted and clicking it opened /media/veracrypt#.  How can I stop this double mount of the volume and restore the correct behaviour?

Hope I am posting this in the right place, I just saw today's update and hoped that would resolve the problem, but no such luck  :(
« Last Edit: 05. March 2016, 21:55:19 by Weropol »

Offline mr_what

• Neuling
  • Desktop: XFCE 4.12
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce GT 630
  • GPU driver: Non-free
  • Kernel: linux41-x64
shutdown and reboot delay is still there, one to one and half minute
Do you have thermald running, perchance? I have it installed but disabled from autostart, and when I noticed recent updates were re-enabling it by default, disabling the service seemed to solve the shutdown delay.
Proponent of Better Living through Reckless Experimentation

Offline Trinakrian

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
Yeah, it's curious. I just successfully updated one machine and have a second literally sitting next to it that apparently connects to another mirror and shows nothing to do -- even after updating the mirrors.

What is the saying? Everything comes to he who waits?

I'm in MA and experience the same thing. Not a big deal -- it's usually within 6-8 hours after the updates land. I've always wanted to learn more about the process involved for its own sake.

Offline Nergal

• Neuling
  • Desktop: KDE Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: Intel / nVidia GTX 970M
  • Kernel: 4.4.3-1
Smooth update as usual.

Offline johnvan54

• Neuling
  • Murphy was an optimist
  • Branch: Testing
  • Desktop: XFCE 4.1.2
  • GPU Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: linux44-x64
Everything works fine.

Offline notageek

• Jr. Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Do you have thermald running, perchance? I have it installed but disabled from autostart, and when I noticed recent updates were re-enabling it by default, disabling the service seemed to solve the shutdown delay.

I think not
$ systemctl status thermald.service
‚óŹ thermald.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)

$ systemctl is-enabled thermald.service
Failed to get unit file state for thermald.service: No such file or directory
« Last Edit: 06. March 2016, 00:48:04 by notageek »
Plasma 5 Kernel 319-318 on Dell Precision M4800 i7 4800MQ NVidia Optimus K1100M + Intel HD 4600 16 GB RAM SSD Samsung 840 Pro
Plasma 5 Kernel 44-41 on Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen3 i5 5200 Intel HD 5500 8 GB RAM SSD Samsung SM951