Author Topic: Manjaro Deepin 16.03 (stable)  (Read 6366 times)

Offline c00ter

• Held Mitglied
  • Towelie's cupcake
  • Branch: ☮Olive☮
  • Desktop: Depends©
  • GPU Card: Intel HD4400M CPU: Core i7-4510U
  • GPU driver: Intel/Free
  • Kernel: 4.4-lts & 4.5
  • Skill: Novice
Re: Re: Deepin 16.03 (stable)
« Reply #30 on: 08. March 2016, 21:11:35 »
This is beautiful, thank you so much guys! Was debating on whether to install Manjaro (first time user here) or Deepin again but decided to go with Xfce until I saw that there was a Manjaro Deepin (I should've scrolled down further)! Had a few problems out the box such as the display looking a bit wonky on the first boot (a reboot did the trick) and the invisible pointer (mmmhmm google) but it's been fine ever since. Hopefully the updates fix the dock's smart hide function but it's not a deal breaker. Once again, thanks and keep up the great work!

Just noticed this is for 16.02...the above is for 16.03, sorry for that haha.

If you've updated, you're on 16.03. :D

Oberon has contributed significantly to Deepin's development under Arch, as has Xu Fasheng and Felix Yan (developers) and others I may be unaware of. Before this, a user had to modify pacman.conf, adding the Deepin repo URL, then hope to get a completed download in a few hours time, and install it to an Arch base. And then spend hours tinkering with it before giving up in disgust!

But it is particularly since oberon exposed it to the much wider Manjaro and Arch installed base (re: 'users'), that a lot of the work (re: 'bugfixes') has been accomplished. I think when all is said-and-done, that Wuhan Technologies (Deepin's parent company) will owe all of them a huge debt of gratitude. It is really starting to shape-up! :D
« Last Edit: 10. March 2016, 19:04:52 by shariebeth »
“What, me worry?” ― Alfred E. Newman

Manjaro Wiki: https://wiki.manjaro.org/
Arch Wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/
Pacman Rosetta: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

Offline TOWWTC

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Re: Re: Deepin 16.03 (stable)
« Reply #31 on: 12. March 2016, 19:55:54 »
If you've updated, you're on 16.03. :D

Oberon has contributed significantly to Deepin's development under Arch, as has Xu Fasheng and Felix Yan (developers) and others I may be unaware of. Before this, a user had to modify pacman.conf, adding the Deepin repo URL, then hope to get a completed download in a few hours time, and install it to an Arch base. And then spend hours tinkering with it before giving up in disgust!

But it is particularly since oberon exposed it to the much wider Manjaro and Arch installed base (re: 'users'), that a lot of the work (re: 'bugfixes') has been accomplished. I think when all is said-and-done, that Wuhan Technologies (Deepin's parent company) will owe all of them a huge debt of gratitude. It is really starting to shape-up! :D

Yeah haha, I thought there was one big 'general' discussion thread for Deepin until after I posted.

I've been using this exclusively for the past couple days and been loving it. Can watch Netflix and program away in CodeLight without a problem, I think I might have to increase the space of my Manjaro partition.  ;D

Offline vstarsteve

• Neuling
  • Best part about dying is the free theology lesson
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: openbox, xfce, lxde, lxqt, repeat as needed
  • GPU Card: nvidia evga gtx 560ti
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: klink
Re: Manjaro Deepin 16.03 (stable)
« Reply #32 on: 12. March 2016, 23:31:33 »
WOW! Awesome! You rock man , manjaro has the best themeing thanks Oberon

Offline chile_ben

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Mate15.12, Deepin15.12, Fluxbox11
  • GPU Card: Ati Hd6310
  • GPU driver: free driver
  • Kernel: 4.4 LTS
« Reply #33 on: 14. March 2016, 17:04:04 »
Fasheng, Oberon and  team members,

thanks for this awesome new 16.03 Deepin +Manjaro linux edition, I myself prefer fresh install always. I did and I am really excited for such a great job  you all have made and  keep doing. As I'd commented Oberon I am working with Deepin's Spanish team translation team since some time ago.  I am always contacting szd_liufei in Deepin translation matters and was telling szd_liufei about these new manjaro edition and  the latest deepin upgrades in synch with translation packages was finally working much better. And I was re-checking translation items and words in deepin desktops ( packages like desktop, deepin pot, deepin games etc.) as I use manajro deepin in spanish fully..and the only remaining untranslated words were in menu' categories area or pack the head words in categories remained permanently in English no matter if you had to reinstall  full deepin packages from Manjaro mirros so I re contacted szd_liufei to help locate those head words in categories ( Internet, Office, Development, Graphics, Music, Game, Video, Others etc) and szd_liufei wrote  that they were located in Deepin Store translation area.. and today  I  have just realized that Manjaro Deepin group of packages  does NOT include Deepin Store into Manjaro-Deepin's... so this translation words will keep in English language still .. for specific categories' words are inside Deepin Store packages folder, and I don't know why Deepin developers considered to keep Menu's categories words there... but I guess as Manjaro does not include Deepin Store packages... these categories words are assumed as in English for all the rest of manjaro deepin translation packages-- as if they were by default. So Italian Manjaro deepin would have all Italian translations packages excepting those for Menu's Categories words ( they will continue as Internet, Office, Graphics, Music, development, video, games, etc  but the name of the applications are in correct Italian... this would be the same for each other language excepting English lol)  Could I suggest that you integrate the specific translation group or folder named as Categories into Manjaro Deepin and  try synchronizing them for their respective Manjaro Deepin OS's  language ?  Can this be done anyhow? If you can,  translations will get 100% of Manjaro Deepin OSes for each language reviewed .   

Hugs  and thanks  again guys! 8)
"u must unlearn what u have learned"

Offline TOWWTC

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
« Reply #34 on: 22. March 2016, 17:19:45 »
Hey, I know we have alt tab already but could you implement a 3 finger swipe (left or right) for window switching? And does the Mouse and Touchpad options under settings appear for anyone?

Offline rydhwan

• Sr. Mitglied
  • slowly
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5, Gnome, Cinnamon, Deepin, Unity,
  • GPU Card: Intel
  • Kernel: linux 4.1
« Reply #35 on: 24. March 2016, 09:32:45 »
Hey where is Loop ? thanks
American dream. welcome to Guantánamo civil-isation

we are all different ... this is our common

Offline oberon

• Core Team
  • I'm nice. Be new!
  • Desktop: i3, Deepin, Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Intel ValleyView Gen7
  • GPU driver: Intel
  • Kernel: 4.1 / 4.4
  • Skill: Intermediate
« Reply #36 on: 24. March 2016, 11:04:12 »
@chile_ben, thank you for your collaboration with the translations. Interesting stuff the menu problem :P Maybe we'll find a way to source those translations from the store package - or maybe it will be possible to move them to another place. We should discuss that further with Linuxdeepin developers... :)

@TOWWTC, that's a question for Linuxdeepin, too ;)

@rydhwan, what is Loop? ???
manjaro is addictive ::)
* manjaro-i3  * manjaro-cinnamon  * manjaro-deepin

Offline Fatboy

• Sr. Mitglied
  • "Spiral out. Keep going..."
  • Desktop: Xfce, KDE plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce 210
  • GPU driver: 340.xx
  • Kernel: Manjaro Kernel 4.4 LTS
« Reply #37 on: 24. March 2016, 12:18:12 »
@oberon Any news regarding the memory leak issue?
Judging from that github link, the Deepin developers seem extremely busy? :) Can't wait to see where this DE goes :D
"I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me. Whatever will bewilder me."

Offline TOWWTC

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
« Reply #38 on: 25. March 2016, 16:45:45 »
@chile_ben, thank you for your collaboration with the translations. Interesting stuff the menu problem :P Maybe we'll find a way to source those translations from the store package - or maybe it will be possible to move them to another place. We should discuss that further with Linuxdeepin developers... :)

Oh really? Haha, sorry about that then. Thanks for the link!

Offline rydhwan

• Sr. Mitglied
  • slowly
« Reply #39 on: 27. March 2016, 19:24:46 »

magnifying glass=loop

Magnify parts of the screen
« Last Edit: 29. March 2016, 11:32:12 by rydhwan »

Offline Fatboy

• Sr. Mitglied
« Reply #40 on: 29. March 2016, 09:08:20 »
Alright, so I nuked my grub bootloader. Very tempted to install deepin :D
"I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me. Whatever will bewilder me."

Offline rydhwan

• Sr. Mitglied
  • slowly
« Reply #41 on: 31. March 2016, 10:37:52 »
Is there any Accessibility modules in Deepin ?

Offline oberon

• Core Team
  • I'm nice. Be new!
  • Desktop: i3, Deepin, Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Intel ValleyView Gen7
  • GPU driver: Intel
  • Kernel: 4.1 / 4.4
« Reply #42 on: 31. March 2016, 13:05:18 »
Is there any Accessibility modules in Deepin ?
That's a good question! ... ???
Not that I would have heard of, yet ... so my guess is, no?
I think you should post this question in the Linuxdeepin developer-center!
manjaro is addictive ::)
* manjaro-i3  * manjaro-cinnamon  * manjaro-deepin

Offline Fatboy

• Sr. Mitglied
« Reply #43 on: 03. April 2016, 21:22:58 »
@oberon I need your wise opinion on something. What does this mean for the Manjaro Deepin spin?
https://github.com/fasheng/arch-deepin