Author Topic: Turned on AUR search, but still no results  (Read 1621 times)

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: linux44-x64
  • Skill: Novice
Turned on AUR search, but still no results
« on: 12. February 2016, 15:40:39 »
Been turning AUR on and of on a fresh install of Manjaro XFCE, but no matter which way, when I search for google-chrome or other packages I normally get from the AUR, no results are shown. I can't search the AUR even though I enabled it. Any ideas?

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT 330M
  • GPU driver: Nouveau
  • Kernel: 4.8_x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
Re: Turned on AUR search, but still no results
« Reply #1 on: 12. February 2016, 15:58:14 »
Been turning AUR on and of on a fresh install of Manjaro XFCE, but no matter which way, when I search for google-chrome or other packages I normally get from the AUR, no results are shown. I can't search the AUR even though I enabled it. Any ideas?
when you search on AUR, you don't see the new AUR tab? as in the latest release of pamac, there was some change in the UI.
« Last Edit: 12. February 2016, 16:03:32 by scachemaille »

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
« Reply #2 on: 12. February 2016, 16:02:13 »
Wow, did not notice that. God, that is an annoying feature. Well, thanks for pointing it out to me. At least I know where to find the search results now. ;)

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
« Reply #3 on: 29. February 2016, 09:02:24 »
Okay, did an install on my laptop (xfce) and now the aur is turned on, but still no search results are shown in the AUR tab in pamac. Have no idea what to do now. Tried turning the AUR on and off again a few times, to see if it might trigger something, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Offline viking

• Sr. Mitglied
  • GPU Card: Intel HD3000
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: Whichever is the latest
« Reply #4 on: 29. February 2016, 12:42:57 »
Wow, did not notice that. God, that is an annoying feature. Well, thanks for pointing it out to me. At least I know where to find the search results now. ;)

First of all let me say I agree with you, that tab is an intensely annoying 'feature' however it looks like we are stuck with it.

As for your problem, and I hope what I am about to say doesn't sound patronising, it isn't meant to, but you wont get any results in the AUR tab if the item you are searching for is not in the AUR to begin with. So as an experiment search for 'peazip' and see if you get any results in the AUR tab. If you do don't bother installing it,  it doesn't work, but at least you will know the AUR search function is working. While you are at it check if you have 'yaourt' installed as well (that doesn't come from AUR so you should see that whatever is wrong with your pamac).
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 laptop. Intel i5 processor, 16Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi, Mint17, Ubuntu1404, Manjaro, all Xfce4.

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
« Reply #5 on: 29. February 2016, 13:16:55 »
yes, yaourt is installed. google-chrome-stable and insync are both in the AUR, because I have it installed on my main desktop as well. Besides, I have noticed now that I can't seem to get any AUR search results on my main rig any longer either. I checked the AUR website to see if both packages were still in the AUR and they are. So because it is so on both my pc's, where my main rig could use the AUR just fine up until at least Saturday, when I installed Insync. Haven't used the AUR on my main rig after saturday up until today to check.

So it seems to be a unrelated to any specific pc. I thought the AUR might be down. Checked it and it seems to be up and running.

I just have no clue what it might be :s

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: LXDE, Fluxbox, JWM, LXQt, bspwm
  • GPU Card: Intel 82945G/GZ
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.5, 4.6
« Reply #6 on: 29. February 2016, 13:25:34 »
Try pacli, just to see if you can find the AUR packages there. (Don't want to bother you with yaourt commands.)
MSI Wind Nettop, Intel Atom 230 1.6GHz (64bit), 2GB RAM
DEs: NET-minimal + (LXDE / Fluxbox / JWM); LXQt OpenRC
how to install on btrfs subvolumes
http://manjaro.github.io/donate/

Offline viking

• Sr. Mitglied
  • GPU Card: Intel HD3000
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: Whichever is the latest
« Reply #7 on: 29. February 2016, 13:30:50 »
yes, yaourt is installed. google-chrome-stable and insync are both in the AUR, because I have it installed on my main desktop as well. Besides, I have noticed now that I can't seem to get any AUR search results on my main rig any longer either. I checked the AUR website to see if both packages were still in the AUR and they are. So because it is so on both my pc's, where my main rig could use the AUR just fine up until at least Saturday, when I installed Insync. Haven't used the AUR on my main rig after saturday up until today to check.

So it seems to be a unrelated to any specific pc. I thought the AUR might be down. Checked it and it seems to be up and running.

I just have no clue what it might be :s

You do know that when a program is installed on your system then it no longer shows up in pamac as an AUR package it shows up as a 'Local' package and 'Local' packages aren't listed in the AUR tab. (I think that is a crazy way to do things, but who am I to say? ). So again I would suggest searching for something that is not installed but is in AUR - like peazip. Then if you still get no results I will believe you  ;)

Or as eugen-b says try another package manager.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532 laptop. Intel i5 processor, 16Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi, Mint17, Ubuntu1404, Manjaro, all Xfce4.

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
« Reply #8 on: 29. February 2016, 13:35:49 »
Good idea! Didn't know about that one. Yes, with pacli I can find and install the packages I was looking for. This seems
to suggest there is an issue with pamac then, but then I couldn't possibly be the only one. Maybe for some reason the
AUR functionality in my pamac install is broken, but on both my machines? Of which my main rig was able to use the
AUR through pamac just fine up until today?

I'll just check again later today and maybe reinstalling pamac might correct a faulty install. For now I'll just use pacli for
AUR installs.

ps: I already searched for packages that are not installed on either machine and I am sure of are in the AUR, without luck.
Still no search results show in pamac, but they do when using pacli.

Offline CykloTronic86

• Neuling
  • Computer Liebe
« Reply #9 on: 29. February 2016, 19:36:02 »
Look guys, not to complain, but I started a Manjaro XFCE live cd and enabled the AUR. No search results in pamac for AUR when looking for peazip, icon, theme or any other word I know should give results for sure. I don't know what this is, but it is very strange to me. I can access the AUR through pacli, but not pamac, on any manjaro PC I have at home. Not even through a live cd of Manjaro 15.12 xfce.

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: LXDE, Fluxbox, JWM, LXQt, bspwm
  • GPU Card: Intel 82945G/GZ
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.5, 4.6
« Reply #10 on: 29. February 2016, 19:43:08 »
The issue is already being discussed on the German Manajro Forum. It is clear that you are not making it up. ;)
On Arch Forum they write that installing package-query-git solved it https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=209514
MSI Wind Nettop, Intel Atom 230 1.6GHz (64bit), 2GB RAM
DEs: NET-minimal + (LXDE / Fluxbox / JWM); LXQt OpenRC
how to install on btrfs subvolumes
http://manjaro.github.io/donate/

Offline salome

• Sr. Mitglied
  • GPU Card: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210]
  • GPU driver: Mesa / nouveau free drivers
  • Kernel: linux314-x64
« Reply #11 on: 29. February 2016, 20:49:40 »
same issue here, guys :(

I'll try package-query-git , but we need a fix for the next stable update, of course

Offline Robin0800

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Desktop: Cinnamon as KDE Dolphin doesn't like my phone or tablet
  • GPU Card: Nvidia gt 520
  • GPU driver: non free
« Reply #12 on: 29. February 2016, 20:59:42 »
You could always try Octopi I actually prefer it to pacmac

Offline f3ydrus

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
« Reply #13 on: 29. February 2016, 23:29:12 »
Having the same issue, just appeared today or yesterday. I noticed that yaourt seemed to be still working at the command line, but saw no AUR results in pamac. Hoping that the package-query-git fix from Arch Forum would solve my pamac issues turned into a bit of a mess for me... I couldn't install package-query-git via yaourt because it tries to remove package-query and fails (presumably because yaourt itself depends on it), so I removed package-query via pamac which also removed bmenu/pacli/update-notifier/yaourt, hoping that I would then be able to setup yaourt again using package-query-git. With this clean base, I was able to manually install package-query-git via direct wget snapshot and makepkg / pacman at the command line (as someone has posted in the Arch Forum link above). However then attempting to reinstall yaourt via pamac then wanted to remove package-query-git as a conflict to reinstall package-query as a yaourt dependency! I felt a bit lost but floundered on a while :)

I then manually installed yaourt-git (wget snapshot / makepkg / pacman again) thinking perhaps this was the version needed to work with package-query-git, and found I was subsequently able to reinstall bmenu / pacli / update-notifier via pamac. However this made no difference to pamac accessing the AUR, presumably because it doesn't recognise yaourt-git / package-query-git as a replacement for yaourt / package-query :(

At this point I gave up trying to fix pamac and undid my changes and got rid of the '...-git' versions by reinstalling normal yaourt via pamac, which also removed package-query-git and reinstalled normal package-query. I then successfully just got what I needed from AUR via yaourt at the command line, which it seems I could have done in the first place ;) Hoping we'll see a fix for this issue in pamac soon.

Offline c00ter

• Held Mitglied
  • Towelie's cupcake
  • Branch: ☮Olive☮
  • Desktop: Depends©
  • GPU Card: Intel HD4400M CPU: Core i7-4510U
  • GPU driver: Intel/Free
  • Kernel: 4.4-lts & 4.5
« Reply #14 on: 01. March 2016, 12:33:43 »
The easiest way to install package-query-git is the proper way. Download the package & extract it, change directory to the PKGBUILD & run 'makepkg -sri' to install it. Took about as long to fix as typing the above line.

And where can I find that valuable information? The ArchWiki, or course...

Regards
“What, me worry?” ― Alfred E. Newman

Manjaro Wiki: https://wiki.manjaro.org/
Arch Wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/
Pacman Rosetta: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta