Author Topic: The Trans Pacific Partnership WAS signed. NOW <2 years for national ratification  (Read 7872 times)

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: openrc
  • GPU Card: geforce7150/ATIx2300
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: linux4xxx-x64
  • Skill: Novice
with the debate on transatlantic free trade agreement, the Europeans are beginning to experience what is, historically, the reality of the other side of the planet.
Though ironic ... with regards to European Empires ... karma is a funny thing ;P

... the captains at the helm are the same people though ... pirates have no Nationalist agendas.

Strangely,im an advocate of a global consensus (its required,more than ever) ... just my vision involves a mutual agreement of cultures,rather than a centralised overlord surrounded by whipping boys - seems we failed miserably on the former!

No matter - i still grin through broken teeth :)

(edit- copy and paste malfunction - Intel Rockchips everywhere .. lol )
« Last Edit: 10. February 2016, 15:11:08 by withjaro »
< insert your own inspiring quotation - and smile :) >

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT 330M
  • GPU driver: Nouveau
  • Kernel: 4.8_x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
(edit- copy and paste malfunction - Intel Rockchips everywhere .. lol )
a manjaro bug? you may need to post about..  ;)

Offline handy

• Global Moderator
  • Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1-3 & Worker :)
  • GPU Card: intel...
  • GPU driver: open-source
  • Kernel: OpenBSD
@withjaro: Decentralized government is the most effective government as far as the people are concerned. Always has been, except when it is at the level of warlords/gang leaders, then it turns into the stuff that makes people want help from above... (let's leave their gods out of it eh!).
The ultimate tyranny in a society is not control
by martial law. It is control by the psychological
manipulation of consciousness, through which reality
is defined so that those who exist within do not even
realize that they are in prison.
  —  Barbara Marciniak

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
Hmm ... given a nice liberal questionaire ... yes! people will happily croon about democratic utopianism ... however ... apply the most minute pressure (especially in the 'spoilt' West) ... they are more than eager to jump into heirachical pyramid schemes ... not saying im right on this or even content about it ... just my observations of people in general.Sad to say ....
Im an eternal blind optimist though ;)

Offline glock172

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Branch: openrc, unstable
  • Desktop: MATE,Xfce
  • GPU Card: GT 210
  • Kernel: 4.4
We forget the fact that we are the government, so we as community have the utmost right and the last word when comes to taking any decisions, even such that should be individual, as long as they affect us. Without us there will not be government at all, because we the "mortal" people move the economics, although someone other manage that movement. Everything start from us. But we do not like to take any responsibility so we let others to take the important decisions, because we are too afraid to make mistake and mostly to admit it. It's always easier to blame "the others". Just pass the buck...
If you go to the street in my country and ask someone, why we are in bad economical condition, 99% from the people will say this is government fault, and will never think about this question again.
Unlike @withjaro I am complete realist(sometimes pessimist). We will never change, the things will only get worse.
You have a bad day? Be glad, tomorrow will be worse. :D
Sorry for the bad English!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
@glock172 ... theres a lot to be said for pessimism ... it gives disappointments less whack ;)
... and also appreciation for the smaller progressions :)

The human instinct is to focus on the horizon though,and not on the end of your nose ...
... give it a try http://newsonnews.com/story/200116-2135

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
I will maybe pass for radical or simplistic.
But the problems are not governments or economics systems, but the human nature.

In theory communism or capitalism are both good economic systems.
But both has been corrupted by humans nature who is egoist, selfish, lazy, and power hungry.

It always been like this since Antic times.
There has been revolution and sayings about we will change the system to a better one. but the result is always the same
some people have the control over the mass for their benefits. ex: if he find something good for him, he don't really care about (close his eyes) what was done for he can have it.

As long it will be like this it always be the same.

So I guess we won't see it change.

« Last Edit: 11. February 2016, 09:31:41 by scachemaille »

Offline handy

• Global Moderator
Hmm ... given a nice liberal questionaire ... yes! people will happily croon about democratic utopianism ... however ... apply the most minute pressure (especially in the 'spoilt' West) ... they are more than eager to jump into heirachical pyramid schemes ... not saying im right on this or even content about it ... just my observations of people in general.Sad to say ....
Im an eternal blind optimist though ;)

I wasn't talking about reality as it is known or remembered (written down). I was talking about the ideal.

Beyond that, I agree.

As I see it, people are a problem, as they have inherent problems. Which I think are obvious to anyone who has taken the time to have a look. I don't think that it takes much time.

There are no smileys or anything of the kind to go with that one.

Unquestionably, the biosphere would have been so much better off if we had of never existed on this magnificently beautiful planet.

Which begs the question, is it our fault?

Good question...
  —  Barbara Marciniak

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
You miss one factor ...

I was listening to something regarding how human habitation and behaviour is drastically altering other animals evolution patterns - as well as their survival prospects o_0

Its affected humans too ... think of our flash in the pan pharmceuticals (our anti-biotics are just about to evoporate sending health problems back to the 18th century) ... and our flash in the pan petro-chemicals industry (slightly difference to the atmospheric pollution of timber carbon and coal pollution before it) ... both these have occured for a little less than 120 years ... like an intensive shot in the arm ... we are still unsure of the side effects of this smack pack ... and how it will affect us chemically,physically or psychlogically ... we naturally would assume all the symptoms would be negative ... but we dont know,the data simply doesnt exist ... a poison can also be a medicine.

You any good at projecting evolution ... reverse anthropology?

@handy .. i know friend .. and any reflection is guaranteed to bring dispair ... but i cant reverse time any more than i can be responsible for my forefathers behaviour ... i CAN deal with NOW .. this second ... and maintain the best i can ... i far as other people are concerned i cant do anything ... if i compel,some will simply reject essentially because im compelling ... fortunately i meet enough people with a clear vision of reality to give a semblance of hope ... must admit theres a lot of walking dead people though o_0

Comes down to ... sailors previous havent been scrubbing the decks ... theyve been partying in the galley ... theres barnacles eating the hull ... and the aft is lilting into the brine .... the vessel is not yet lost ... i have a mop and i dont mind hard work ... i just need to find an Admiral !
« Last Edit: 11. February 2016, 09:13:25 by withjaro »

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
a poison can also be a medicine.
by nature a medicine is a poison. we just hope the benefits is better than his side effects. just times will tell us if we were right. as side effects can take much more times to appear than the benefits. and when we see them it may be too late.
« Last Edit: 11. February 2016, 09:10:23 by scachemaille »

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
I understand scachemaille ... i tend to be quite sane when im faced with the immediate (its choregraphed soap operas that send me crazy) ... for others,immediacy sends them into delirium and escapist fantasy ... i guess its having the right people stood at the most fortuitous station when the need arises ... not sure,you can forecast the events though.

Offline handy

• Global Moderator
8< 8< 8< snip 8< 8< 8<

@handy .. i know friend .. and any reflection is guaranteed to bring dispair ... but i cant reverse time any more than i can be responsible for my forefathers behaviour ... i CAN deal with NOW .. this second ... and maintain the best i can ... i far as other people are concerned i cant do anything ... if i compel,some will simply reject essentially because im compelling ... fortunately i meet enough people with a clear vision of reality to give a semblance of hope ... must admit theres a lot of walking dead people though o_0

Comes down to ... sailors previous havent been scrubbing the decks ... theyve been partying in the galley ... theres barnacles eating the hull ... and the aft is lilting into the brine .... the vessel is not yet lost ... i have a mop and i dont mind hard work ... i just need to find an Admiral !

No despair here. Collective human karma is what it is, mostly it is incredibly difficult for us to relate to. I expect that it is the why for most of your questions. I can see & understand (I think) many of the why's (if I accept the laws of karma, which I do, for reasons that I won't go into now).

Though it still brings me back to the is it our fault question?

Who's choice was it for humanity to be?

To be as it is?

To be a collector of negative karma?

—  Barbara Marciniak

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
So what you are saying handy ....

... is there is a parallel existence of US ... balancing our negativity .. and generally feeling good about themselves ...

B******S!!!  ;)

Offline handy

• Global Moderator
So what you are saying handy ....

... is there is a parallel existence of US ... balancing our negativity .. and generally feeling good about themselves ...

B******S!!!  ;)

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all.
  —  Barbara Marciniak

Offline Chrysostomus

• Maintainer
  • Neckbeards are cool
    • Git
  • Desktop: Gnome, bspwm
  • GPU Card: Intel HD4000
  • Kernel: linux44-x64
I will maybe pass for radical or simplistic.
But the problems are not governments or economics systems, but the human nature.

In theory communism or capitalism are both good economic systems.
But both has been corrupted by humans nature who is egoist, selfish, lazy, and power hungry.

It always been like this since Antic times.
There has been revolution and sayings about we will change the system to a better one. but the result is always the same
some people have the control over the mass for their benefits. ex: if he find something good for him, he don't really care about (close his eyes) what was done for he can have it.

As long it will be like this it always be the same.

So I guess we won't see it change.

I agree that the underlying problem is human nature and its selfisness. However, I think social and political constructs differ on how well they restrain this human selfisness. Some systems feed it (like capitalism) and some leave it unchecked (like most known attempts of communism that I know of).

Perfect system cannot be achienved with imperfect people. But I think we could do better than we do.