Author Topic: The Trans Pacific Partnership WAS signed. NOW <2 years for national ratification  (Read 7871 times)

Offline archiebunker

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: OB, FB, Mate
  • GPU Card: A10/APU/GPU/7670M
  • GPU driver: AMD/ATI OpenSource Graphics
  • Kernel: manjaro-*.*-x86_64
  • Skill: Intermediate
A woman protesting the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPPA) threw a sex toy at New Zealand's Economic Minister.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/new-zealand-minister-hit-by-sex-toy-thrown-by-protester-a6854806.html
 Or,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-CK5SCVxJ0
 Hahaha.

Offline gohlip

• Held Mitglied
  • Desktop: OpenBox
  • GPU Card: nvidia
  • GPU driver: nonfree
  • Kernel: linux46 - x64
as long as it ONLY includes this for "free trade":
I still prefer South Korea's all girl bands.  ;D

TPP is never about free trade especially the 'free' part. Neither was Nafta or the coming Atlantic TPP. I won't go into that because it will ruffle a lot of feathers.
Anyway, it is ironic the first government being sued is the USA government for rejecting the Keystone pipeline under Nafta rules. Under Nafta rules alone, it has a case to build on. If it were to sue under TPP rules, it will have an ironclad case. Irony of ironies, perhaps the backers of TPP has this in mind all along? Maybe also the executive branch of the USA (who pushed for this)?
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

Offline archiebunker

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Desktop: OB, FB, Mate
  • GPU Card: A10/APU/GPU/7670M
  • GPU driver: AMD/ATI OpenSource Graphics
  • Kernel: manjaro-*.*-x86_64
I still prefer South Korea's all girl bands.  ;D

TPP is never about free trade especially the 'free' part. Neither was Nafta or the coming Atlantic TPP. I won't go into that because it will ruffle a lot of feathers.
Anyway, it is ironic the first government being sued is the USA government for rejecting the Keystone pipeline under Nafta rules. Under Nafta rules alone, it has a case to build on. If it were to sue under TPP rules, it will have an ironclad case. Irony of ironies, perhaps the backers of TPP has this in mind all along? Maybe also the executive branch of the USA (who pushed for this)?

Agreed.

I guess I should've parantheses "sarcastic" beside "free trade",  um.
But, just to reapeat ourselves, there is NO such thing as "Free Trade" it's a joke to apease, and con, and whatever...
 Corporatism has replaced Capilalism.
NAFTA has cost Canada hundreds-of-thousands of lost Jobs, manufacturing is almost non-existent here,..., as you well know, there was never anything good about it.
 Even though this is an "Off-topic" forum, Trans Atlantic (corrupt) Trade Deals are also, as @eugen-b mentioned earlier, similar but to more concerned to Europeans, but the end result is indirectly always the same.-it's NOT for the 99%, period !

In fact, and let's face it, Anyone who is Pro-TPP,..., must be (blindly) anti-sustainability, and at worst, anti-family, for the masses?
« Last Edit: 09. February 2016, 11:38:52 by archiebunker »

Offline rydhwan

• Sr. Mitglied
  • slowly
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5, Gnome, Cinnamon, Deepin, Unity,
  • GPU Card: Intel
  • GPU driver: free driver
  • Kernel: linux 4.1
  • Skill: Novice
at this time
American dream. welcome to Guantánamo civil-isation

we are all different ... this is our common

Offline thundersqueak

• Held Mitglied
  • everyone dies
  • Branch: all of em
  • Desktop: gnome
  • GPU Card: nvidia 9300
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: most,if not all
"Why is it that every grubby little government i pass has the impertinence to assume that i can spare the time and energy necessary for their destruction?"

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: LXDE, Fluxbox, JWM, LXQt, bspwm
  • GPU Card: Intel 82945G/GZ
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.5, 4.6
well done to our german brethren,great to see such a massive turnout. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/26/anger-government-blocks-ttip-legal-documents-nhs-health-service
The power of reason, education and knowledge vs. shouting, ranting, throwing stones (and dildos) and demolishing other peoples property.
MSI Wind Nettop, Intel Atom 230 1.6GHz (64bit), 2GB RAM
DEs: NET-minimal + (LXDE / Fluxbox / JWM); LXQt OpenRC
how to install on btrfs subvolumes
http://manjaro.github.io/donate/

Offline gohlip

• Held Mitglied
Despite all the protests around the world, I think the most effective course of action is if the American people will find more better ways to prevent these deals from happening. That's because the main instigator is the us government. While I have no doubt that the vast majority of Americans would be against the deals, the electoral process (currently in progress) would not bring about a change in the people's will - real democracy is not just about an electoral process, it just provide a convenient veneer of legitimacy; and to justify going against the people's volition which the government, by constitution, promises to uphold.

Of course, we can argue which 'democratic' government has upheld the peoples' will. Syriza's Greece? My contention is that American democracy is no far better.
But then again, we can sympathize with Greece, as like in other countries, because it has been blackmailed, threatened and bullied into submission (not directly by the mafia-in-chief but by his henchman). We have also witnessed the destruction wrought on countries in turmoil (or created for it) like <reducted>, <reducted>,<reducted>, <reducted> and <reducted>. Or the compliance and genuflection by countries bribed and subservient to it (like Blair's Britain - not reducted) - the international order, as it is often labelled. All of which go against the people's will and volition.

The change has to start at the source. So here's one to get something better understood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WucxKDaLv-s

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
The man talking in the video seems to be a highly competent person https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lerach

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT 330M
  • GPU driver: Nouveau
  • Kernel: 4.8_x64
I'm sorry to say.. but the TPP and TPIP mean just to do to our self (USA, EUROPE) what USA and Europe did to the rest of the world during the last decade.
Africa is owned by International company for their (and ours) benefit.

It's not only those two agreement who need to be refused. A full redesign of the the actual world trading system is needed to really change something.
All this past decades we let companies to take control and even helped them because it was beneficial for us. now they have the control it will be hard to slow them down without a real change of the rules.
but that will mean USA an Europe have to accept to lose a lot. and I doubt it will never arrive as the human is selfish by nature.
« Last Edit: 10. February 2016, 14:11:46 by scachemaille »

Offline withjaro

• Held Mitglied
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: openrc
  • GPU Card: geforce7150/ATIx2300
  • Kernel: linux4xxx-x64
The man talking in the video seems to be a highly competent person https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lerach
Indeed,at least one in the legal profession not prepared to be content with 'ball-rubbing' ... cant help thinking Enron is the thumb dig to a lot of rolls of Sellotape ... alas,filing a proscecution is one thing ... gaining a conviction is another thing entirely!

(hey .. my book reading list has been extended though :) )
« Last Edit: 10. February 2016, 14:13:52 by withjaro »
< insert your own inspiring quotation - and smile :) >

Offline inkrypted

• Held Mitglied
  • Desktop: Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX 980
  • GPU driver: Latest Non Free
  • Kernel: The latest unless I need to fallback.
I feel as though democracy is an illusion at least in the U.S.A. and has not reflected the will of the people for a very long time.
Inkrypted

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
I feel as though democracy is an illusion at least in the U.S.A. and has not reflected the will of the people for a very long time.
The democracy is the modern dictatorship, where the controlling people makes you think you have the control.

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
@scachemaille, I think pain is already coming, acceptance will follow suit. ;)
To answer seriously, it is difficult to agree on a unified concept for world politics. Therefore we limited to observing the evolution and participate to some extent. In best case participation will correlate with competence, but I will be already happy if stupidity neutralizes itself to some extent.

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
@scachemaille, I think pain is already coming, acceptance will follow suit. ;)
To answer seriously, it is difficult to agree on a unified concept for world politics. Therefore we limited to observing the evolution and participate to some extent. In best case participation will correlate with competence, but I will be already happy if stupidity neutralizes itself to some extent.
I found an interesting article in french. and this is kind of the introduction/conclusion. sorry for the translation. ;)

"Trade, it is war." This is the conclusion to which Yash Tandon arrived after participating closely for decades, in international trade negotiations alongside the South. In a book published a few months ago, it shows how the history of free trade, far from the rhetoric on development and growth, is reduced to a continuous domination of poor countries by Western countries and their multinationals. Today, with the debate on transatlantic free trade agreement, the Europeans are beginning to experience what is, historically, the reality of the other side of the planet.
« Last Edit: 10. February 2016, 14:50:33 by scachemaille »

Offline gohlip

• Held Mitglied
Today, with the debate on transatlantic free trade agreement, the Europeans are beginning to experience what is, historically, the reality of the other side of the planet.

To quote Correa, whose plane is forced to land in Vienna (in contravention of the Vienna convention  ;D  ), "My colonizers have been colonized."