Author Topic: Help us with the wiki  (Read 4918 times)

Offline guinux

• Core Team
    • Manjaro
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: Xfce
  • Skill: Guru
Re: Help us with the wiki
« Reply #30 on: 24. September 2012, 15:38:34 »
The update-grub command will not work in Archlinux.
"update-grub" doesn't work in Archlinux but it's implemented in Manjaro, it does the same thing that "gruk-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg", it's just easier to remember.
Knowing this, I modified http://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Troubleshooting

Offline aeonflux

• Neuling
« Reply #31 on: 24. September 2012, 16:34:32 »
My bad. Sorry for accusing you. But I saw that someone made an account just to edit what I wrote; I was thinking, why would a random person go straight to that post? Anyways, sorry, again. Everything is ok now, back like it was.

I didn't know that the grub-update command works in Manjaro, since it's Arch based, I never thought the devs modified it like that. Anyways, I hope we are cool, and sorry again for what happened.

Offline eskaini

• Security Team
  • I eat deleted accounts
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #32 on: 24. September 2012, 19:02:40 »
My bad. Sorry for accusing you. But I saw that someone made an account just to edit what I wrote; I was thinking, why would a random person go straight to that post? Anyways, sorry, again. Everything is ok now, back like it was.

I didn't know that the grub-update command works in Manjaro, since it's Arch based, I never thought the devs modified it like that. Anyways, I hope we are cool, and sorry again for what happened.

No problem - already forgotten about!

Offline eskaini

• Security Team
  • I eat deleted accounts
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #33 on: 25. September 2012, 22:38:36 »
Update: Finished the Beginner's installation guide. Thanks to the hard work of aeonflux and yfdogan, the experienced user's installation guide has been completed as well.

If anyone has the time, please scan them over, and report any errors, inaccuracies, etc, here.

Offline Roland

• Administrator
    • Manjaro Linux
« Reply #34 on: 26. September 2012, 06:53:05 »
I am again impressed. I have just seen it and I need to thank you again! Nice screenshots by the way :)