Author Topic: [Sec-Update] 2015-12-18 - Grub Back to 28 fix  (Read 2881 times)

Offline gerstavros

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: KDE5
  • GPU Card: AMD R5 230
  • GPU driver: Fglrx (non-free)
  • Kernel: 4.4.2-1
  • Skill: Advanced
Re: [Sec-Update] 2015-12-18 - Grub Back to 28 fix
« Reply #15 on: 07. January 2016, 23:52:22 »
Thanks for answers guys, but problem isn't of grub or else. My problem as i found out is with the motherboard, after raising the base clock for overclocking, linux don't see the one sata drive. raising the base clock a bit more, windows boots on failsafe with other problems. So it's something related to my mobo. Now with almost default clock it works ok

Offline AJSlye

• Maintainer
  • Netrunner Rolling Edition moderator / maintainer
  • Branch: Stable / Testing / Unstable
  • Desktop: Netrunner Rolling
  • GPU Card: Intel
  • GPU driver: Intel
  • Kernel: 4.4.1-1-MANJARO x86_64 (64 bit)
  • Skill: Guru
« Reply #16 on: 08. January 2016, 00:12:45 »
Thanks for answers guys, but problem isn't of grub or else. My problem as i found out is with the motherboard, after raising the base clock for overclocking, linux don't see the one sata drive. raising the base clock a bit more, windows boots on failsafe with other problems. So it's something related to my mobo. Now with almost default clock it works ok

There is almost ALWAYS some kind of issue when overclocking a piece of hardware.

Offline gerstavros

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: KDE5
  • GPU Card: AMD R5 230
  • GPU driver: Fglrx (non-free)
  • Kernel: 4.4.2-1
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #17 on: 08. January 2016, 00:22:37 »
There is almost ALWAYS some kind of issue when overclocking a piece of hardware.
Yeap, i have experience in overclocking, but this one is very strange. The normal would be that the system don't see the sata drives coz of controller unstability in higher base clock. But here i have a system that sees the drives, but the one OS, dont see the one of two drives :p anyway let's not get more offtopic. :D