Author Topic: Where is manjaropek?  (Read 4425 times)

Offline Azureus

• Neuling
  • Formerly known as Tinctorius
  • Skill: Novice
Re: Where is manjaropek?
« Reply #15 on: 24. March 2015, 20:37:16 »
Mips: +1
Jeannie: -1

Offline simgin

• Held Mitglied
  • Branch: All.
  • Desktop: XFCE+Alpine Linux, Mate+Fedora, Ubuntu Server + Mate and NoX+LinuxBBQ
  • GPU Card: GeForce 8600M & GT 555M 2GB
  • Skill: Intermediate
« Reply #16 on: 24. March 2015, 21:45:30 »
Very true Mips, this is a hobby project, and tropper is doing a fine job!
« Last Edit: 24. March 2015, 21:47:09 by simgin »

Offline DiscipleOfDante

• Sr. Mitglied
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: Intel HD 4000
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Kernel: linux-ck-x64
« Reply #17 on: 24. March 2015, 22:18:44 »
Well then just maybe you should install your own dynamic menu. It's been like this from the first release. If that does not work for you then there are different flavours to choose from.

tropper must do what he wants to do at the end of the day, he owes us nothing.
Never once did I say that tropper must include it by default, I simply asked if he intended to and stated that I find it a necessity for any form of environment in Linux. Please do not make assumptions about my meaning or thoughts and if you must, please do not voice them as if they were fact, or react to them as if I had stated it when I merely asked about it and responded to your statement.

Offline mips

• Held Mitglied
  • Valkyrja
  • Branch: Testing
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: GTX 960
  • GPU driver: video-nvidia
  • Kernel: 3.16
« Reply #18 on: 25. March 2015, 08:53:18 »
Never once did I say that tropper must include it by default...

Nobody said you did so I'll ignore the rest. If it's not included why not simply install your own dynamic menu?

Should it come with a dynamic menu for instance I would remove it, but at the end of the day I would accept what tropper gives us. People have different needs but they cant all be satisfied.

Offline tropper

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Sorry my bad english
    • Manjaro Geek
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: ManjaroPek
  • GPU Card: SIS
  • GPU driver: SIS
  • Kernel: 3.18
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #19 on: 26. March 2015, 04:13:55 »
hello everyone, unfortunately I can not please every user, there will always be unhappy, will always be something missing or spending.

Thinking about it I decided to do something very least, where each user can add programs that match your criteria.

As for the menu, I will not put dynamic menus, one of the coolest things pekwm is the power to organize the menu as the need for a user, easy and transparent manner. If desired, the user himself can add a dynamic menu, install a doc, use gnomedo or synapse, the user is in control and can do the way he wants, that's the best part of the game.

Offline simgin

• Held Mitglied
  • Branch: All.
  • Desktop: XFCE+Alpine Linux, Mate+Fedora, Ubuntu Server + Mate and NoX+LinuxBBQ
  • GPU Card: GeForce 8600M & GT 555M 2GB
« Reply #20 on: 27. March 2015, 12:35:48 »
^ Sounds good boss  8)

Offline mips

• Held Mitglied
  • Valkyrja
  • Branch: Testing
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: GTX 960
  • GPU driver: video-nvidia
  • Kernel: 3.16
« Reply #21 on: 27. March 2015, 23:19:38 »
^ Sounds good boss  8)

Yeah he the Boss  ;)

Offline mandog

• Held Mitglied
  • Architect Forum And G+ Forum Owner With Daniel S
  • Branch: All
  • Desktop: Gnome, Mate, E19, Openbox,FLuxbox,Budgie, XFCE openRC,
  • GPU Card: nvidia
  • GPU driver: Non Free
  • Kernel: latest
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #22 on: 29. March 2015, 23:45:35 »
hello everyone, unfortunately I can not please every user, there will always be unhappy, will always be something missing or spending.

Thinking about it I decided to do something very least, where each user can add programs that match your criteria.

As for the menu, I will not put dynamic menus, one of the coolest things pekwm is the power to organize the menu as the need for a user, easy and transparent manner. If desired, the user himself can add a dynamic menu, install a doc, use gnomedo or synapse, the user is in control and can do the way he wants, that's the best part of the game.
That is a good plan to many people try to dictate how every Manjaro spin should be, And that is not how it should be Its your baby do it the way you want it to be, I might even give it a spin when its released and I don't say that very often.
A ENGLISHMAN IN PERU
I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about punctuation or spelling,
FANBOY,Taken from the urban dictionary
 A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Offline darso

• Held Mitglied
  • Keep 'er between the hedges!
  • Branch: OpenRC-Stable
  • Desktop: OpenBox+XFCE
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT610
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: linux43-x64
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #23 on: 29. March 2015, 23:54:33 »
That is a good plan to many people try to dictate how every Manjaro spin should be, And that is not how it should be Its your baby do it the way you want it to be, I might even give it a spin when its released and I don't say that very often.
+1

Me to Tropper, just been waiting paitiently and now I have a new "baby" for PekWM to contend with for permanence in the form of the "Mighty" OpenRC, damn it's good guys  :P   Still can't wait to try Pek though, I did before and it was beautiful but I had a hard time figuring how to configure, now, I'm ready for it!

Bring it on  ;)

Cheers,
darso.
It must be difficult... for those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority.
-G. Massey, Egyptologist.

Linux Counter Reg Number #578558