Author Topic: New Manjaro community ed: because.....why not? (budgie desktop inside)  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Jeannie

• Held Mitglied
  • Skill: Novice
Re: New Manjaro community ed: because.....why not? (budgie desktop inside)
« Reply #15 on: 21. September 2014, 14:33:31 »
You still did not define Desktop WM.
J.
Hitten by the door in the back when I left Manjaro.

Offline mandog

• Held Mitglied
  • Architect Forum And G+ Forum Owner With Daniel S
  • Branch: All
  • Desktop: Gnome, Mate, E19, Openbox,FLuxbox,Budgie, XFCE openRC,
  • GPU Card: nvidia
  • GPU driver: Non Free
  • Kernel: latest
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #16 on: 21. September 2014, 14:37:22 »
personal i, think budgie still need to be matured more it would be cool if it matured more and get more user friendly.. bu still need too much gnome parts for theming and stuff
and using gsettings ...
Ringo you are correct its only alpha but the git version is starting to show its potential as I said in my 1st post as a answer to the original poster it will soon be synced to 3.14
A ENGLISHMAN IN PERU
I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about punctuation or spelling,
FANBOY,Taken from the urban dictionary
 A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Offline Jeannie

• Held Mitglied
« Reply #17 on: 21. September 2014, 14:39:24 »
Ringo you are correct its only alpha but the git version is starting to show its potential as I said in my 1st post as a answer to the original poster it will soon be synced to 3.14
Personally I don't see too much potential in a start menu and a clock yet
J.
Hitten by the door in the back when I left Manjaro.

Offline ringo

• Held Mitglied
  • www.manjaro-nl.org
    • Manjaro Belgium + forum
  • Branch: unsourced
  • Desktop: xfce
  • GPU Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT (acer 23inch)
  • GPU driver: Free*
  • Kernel: linux kernel
« Reply #18 on: 21. September 2014, 16:40:12 »
in the past with the solusos desktop was complete different.. then budgie.. evolveos is also not like mint.

it will be good on upstream.

But i think budgie is a good upstream. and if more developers in linux would support it it can growth even more. you can fight against it or go with it or not install it :)

Budgie wil do but its not mature enough just need feedback thats all.. im sure he would make a thing that you can relies on. world is also not  build in a day and build bit and pieces im sure if there is error is also easier to repair.

its no use work one year on a complete desktop with some rings and cool apps , if it breaks is hard to find a piece..

this is good effort but for an iso. i dont know.. :) is it needed? mayby as an SideDesktop for Gnome it would be cool.. then you have option out of budgie gnome-classic and gnome-shell ^^^  tweaks or gnome configuration center is still in use.

so yeah is not really an bloat budgie is not that heavier.
Dutch go the dutch site :)

Offline mandog

• Held Mitglied
  • Architect Forum And G+ Forum Owner With Daniel S
  • Branch: All
  • Desktop: Gnome, Mate, E19, Openbox,FLuxbox,Budgie, XFCE openRC,
  • GPU Card: nvidia
  • GPU driver: Non Free
  • Kernel: latest
« Reply #19 on: 21. September 2014, 17:05:01 »
in the past with the solusos desktop was complete different.. then budgie.. evolveos is also not like mint.

it will be good on upstream.

But i think budgie is a good upstream. and if more developers in linux would support it it can growth even more. you can fight against it or go with it or not install it :)

Budgie wil do but its not mature enough just need feedback thats all.. im sure he would make a thing that you can relies on. world is also not  build in a day and build bit and pieces im sure if there is error is also easier to repair.

its no use work one year on a complete desktop with some rings and cool apps , if it breaks is hard to find a piece..

this is good effort but for an iso. i dont know.. :) is it needed? mayby as an SideDesktop for Gnome it would be cool.. then you have option out of budgie gnome-classic and gnome-shell ^^^  tweaks or gnome configuration center is still in use.

so yeah is not really an bloat budgie is not that heavier.
You also have to remember Budgie is the desktop of evolve Linux project, Ikey is taking things at a slower pace with the project as it is a independent distribution using Pisi package manager its still quite bare at the moment of software but will grow in time. the window manager needs things still to make it complete it now has a settings manager. the dock is working, favourite apps is not yet done, tweak-tool takes care of the other settings. as does Gnome-control-center at this time but that may change in the future so its not really got a long way to go and is being developed faster than evolve so that is a really good thing I keep up with the development blogs and use the git version as the dev is at a faster pace, Ikey likes to do things correct and scraps any weak components and rewrites them he does try to put his money where his mouth is. He wants Budgie to be a universal simple desktop.   
A ENGLISHMAN IN PERU
I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about punctuation or spelling,
FANBOY,Taken from the urban dictionary
 A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Offline ringo

• Held Mitglied
  • www.manjaro-nl.org
    • Manjaro Belgium + forum
  • Branch: unsourced
  • Desktop: xfce
  • GPU Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT (acer 23inch)
  • GPU driver: Free*
  • Kernel: linux kernel
« Reply #20 on: 21. September 2014, 17:10:27 »
You also have to remember Budgie is the desktop of evolve Linux project, Ikey is taking things at a slower pace with the project as it is a independent distribution using Pisi package manager its still quite bare at the moment of software but will grow in time. the window manager needs things still to make it complete it now has a settings manager. the dock is working, favourite apps is not yet done, tweak-tool takes care of the other settings. as does Gnome-control-center at this time but that may change in the future so its not really got a long way to go and is being developed faster than evolve so that is a really good thing I keep up with the development blogs and use the git version as the dev is at a faster pace, Ikey likes to do things correct and scraps any weak components and rewrites them he does try to put his money where his mouth is. He wants Budgie to be a universal simple desktop.   

i dont shoot it because its just young :) im sure he got some awesome plans for it... sure if yu can make some budgie iso is cool but stil not an mature desktop to be on manjaroiso ??? i find it PERsonally its good if people busy on it can help with it if needed but yeah just let it know.

will see just follow a bit not much :)
evolve-os picked up where solusos2 stopped isall from scratch.  will see how it comes.
Dutch go the dutch site :)

Offline Fatboy

• Sr. Mitglied
  • "Spiral out. Keep going..."
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Xfce, KDE plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce 210
  • GPU driver: 340.xx
  • Kernel: Manjaro Kernel 4.4 LTS
  • Skill: Intermediate
I'm really excited about the budgie DE, but it seems that it needs a bit of time to mature a bit. I think if it's matured a bit it would be amazing on top of Manjaro :) It would most likely replace my xfce install ;)
"I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me. Whatever will bewilder me."

Offline Ste74

• Support Team
  • sudo pacman -Rs windows && sudo pacman -S manjaro
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: Budgie / Gnome / Pantheon (testing)
  • GPU Card: ATI/Intel mobility radeon hd 5400
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: linux4.x -x86_64 series
 :)
An iso is ready but whit the arrive of gtk 3.20 the raven panel have some issue .. i want wait another minor update to release . For me is not well release before ... for new user the perception can be bad  ;)
Pantheon Community Edition & Budgie Desktop Edition
www.forum.manjaro-it.org
Canale IRC italiano
#manjaro-it