Author Topic: Remote Desktop Protocol  (Read 1540 times)

Offline inukaze

• Jr. Mitglied
    • Inukaze
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Xfce, Trinity , Lxde , Lxde/qt , E16 , E17 , E18 , E19 , OpenBox , KDE4
  • GPU Card: Intel 945G / Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache / Nvidia nForce 630a
  • GPU driver: non-free nvidia
  • Kernel: Linux Distro Kernel x86 / x86_64
  • Skill: Advanced
Remote Desktop Protocol
« on: 15. December 2015, 21:48:49 »
Hi there , someone knows , how i must configure a "UBuntu" , its a server with Xubuntu Desktop , for i can connect using the Public IP.

To the same session of the default user . Or if possible make a way , to Ask if me wanna connect to de Current Graphic Session in Use , or Start a New Graphic Session

And i notice the server when i connect via RDP , dont reads the $PATH of the users in the system

This forum , dont looks like have an "Intranet / Interner" o "Remote Support" threads xD

Offline scachemaille

• Held Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Plasma 5
  • GPU Card: nVidia GT 330M
  • GPU driver: Nouveau
  • Kernel: 4.8_x64
  • Skill: Intermediate
Re: Remote Desktop Protocol
« Reply #1 on: 16. December 2015, 11:40:55 »
Hi there , someone knows , how i must configure a "UBuntu" , its a server with Xubuntu Desktop , for i can connect using the Public IP.

To the same session of the default user . Or if possible make a way , to Ask if me wanna connect to de Current Graphic Session in Use , or Start a New Graphic Session

And i notice the server when i connect via RDP , dont reads the $PATH of the users in the system

This forum , dont looks like have an "Intranet / Interner" o "Remote Support" threads xD
to be able to connect from your public IP, you need to forward the port 3389 to your sever port 3389 in your router config.
normaly if you installed xrdp on ubuntu you should be able to log with your username.
I think you will find more answer on google if you search RDP releated threads.

Offline koukourikos

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Xfce
  • GPU Card: Intel 3000
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.1 x86_64
  • Skill: Novice
Re: Remote Desktop Protocol
« Reply #2 on: 17. December 2015, 04:21:32 »
If you are not restricted to use rdp you could try x2go which uses the standard SSH port
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=X2Go&redirect=no