Author Topic: [How-To] Using ManjaroISO  (Read 17838 times)

Offline philm

• Core Team
    • Manjaro Linux
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: XFCE
  • GPU Card: Geforce GTX 650
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Maintainer - so all ;)
  • Skill: Guru
Re: [How-To] Using ManjaroISO
« Reply #30 on: 04. April 2014, 07:00:25 »
Code: [Select]
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on none,
       missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail or so.

Your host system is not capable to run AUFS which we use. You fail at line 192 of /usr/bin/buildiso on:
mount -t aufs -o br=${work_dir}/${desktop}-image:${work_dir}/root-image=ro none ${work_dir}/${desktop}-image
work_dir is the folder you find kde-image and desktop is in your case named kde. So it is an issue to run AUFS on your end and mount those folder structure. Try to call the cmd manual and post me the error you might get.

Better would be to modify the cmd to:

mount -v -t aufs -o br=${work_dir}/${desktop}-image:${work_dir}/root-image=ro none ${work_dir}/${desktop}-image
and run the script again. Then we might see the issue in verbose mode.

Offline lliseil

• Neuling
    • Mémos GNU/Linux
  • Desktop: i3
  • GPU Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
  • GPU driver: foss
  • Kernel: Linux 3.17.6-1-ck x86_64
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #31 on: 22. December 2014, 14:06:16 »
After some tries, phil's detailed video howto use Manjaroiso is helping to build a localized custom Manjaro Xfce ISO.
Also I did not realize before testing that it'd take over 6 GB space (packages + ISO makes sense though).

1. Edit packages set
is a no-brain job with ManjaroISO

2. Localisation
I could succesfuly test auto-localized boot with the appropriate grub options found manjaroiso/configs/<CONFIG>/overlay-livecd/opt/livecd/functions . Now building the iso with relevant LOCALE, KEYMAP and LAYOUT set into the same file. Hopefuly it will work.

There are two steps left on my todo list, that I would be grateful if you can tell me about:
a) Edit Firefox default bookmarks
b) Configure manjaro-welcome with some language-relevant links, ie. wiki for new, French speaking users.

Offline lliseil

• Neuling
    • Mémos GNU/Linux
  • Desktop: i3
  • GPU Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
  • GPU driver: foss
  • Kernel: Linux 3.17.6-1-ck x86_64
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #32 on: 02. January 2015, 22:59:39 »
a) and b) went like a breeze thanks to manjaroISO :)

Also I would like to report I found an effective + easy way to make any partition on the Flash device visible to the sucker OS that Windows is. Using this to eg. install the live OS on partition #1 and persistence* on #2 and make partition #3 visible to Wiwi: cross-platform accessible data partition. No mess with the system by inattended users, nor from the live system (most linuxes have built in features relying on being "installed" in partition #1)

* well not yet with Manjaro ;) but think I've heard it's coming with v9. That's correct?