Author Topic: Are translations from Arch pacman transfered to manjaro-pacman?  (Read 811 times)

Offline ansich

• Jr. Mitglied
  • Desktop: Xfce
  • GPU Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series
  • Kernel: linux 41
  • Skill: Intermediate
I am translating arch-pacman, but I am also a member of the Manjaro translation group, which has its own manjaro-pacman group. Since this program has quite a sizeable amount of lines that need to be translated (library, pacman,pacman scripts) I'd just like to know whether the manjaro-pacman is also updated with translations from the arch distro? Are these two basically the same projects, or are there specific differences that prevent »copy-pasting« the translations from one project to another (and on that issue does a mechanism exist that would just copy the identical strings and leave out the ones particular to each distro)?

EDIT: I see from here and here that this topic already has been a point of discussion between the arch and manjaro projects. However, I didn't find the information on which way the issue was resolved.

BR
ansich
« Last Edit: 07. February 2014, 17:26:39 by ansich »

Offline Ayceman

• Core Team
  • Security Chief :P
  • Branch: stable, unstable
  • GPU Card: GTX780/HD3000/AMD8400
  • GPU driver: Nvidia/Intel/Catalyst
  • Kernel: latest stable+lts (64)
  • Skill: Advanced
Re: Are translations from Arch pacman transfered to manjaro-pacman?
« Reply #1 on: 07. February 2014, 20:36:15 »
Since the establishment of the transifex manjaro-pacman project I haven't really noticed direct transfers of translation files (apart from the original bulk copy), but I might have missed it. The translations really shouldn't be much different at all (apart from the SyncFirst being retained on Manjaro's side). I did personally introduce a slight difference from Arch in the Romanian translation in a few strings to make pacman and pamac more uniform, but that is on the translated side, not the original text.
« Last Edit: 07. February 2014, 20:37:51 by Ayceman »

Offline ansich

• Jr. Mitglied
  • GPU Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series
  • Kernel: linux 41
  • Skill: Intermediate
Re: Are translations from Arch pacman transfered to manjaro-pacman?
« Reply #2 on: 07. February 2014, 21:27:00 »
I hope that some kind of transfer procedure could be established (unfortunately, I don't really have the skills to do that and can't see myself learning them in the near future). That would benefit both distributions, save a lot of time for the translators and also make the translations more uniform.