Author Topic: FLUXBOX MENU  (Read 877 times)

Offline ARMINIUS

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Skill: Novice
FLUXBOX MENU
« on: 24. December 2015, 23:52:59 »
MYSTERIOUS BREKAGE OF THE MENU  -- ADDED A BIT OF SOFTWARE  -- SUDDENLY THE EXIT DOESNT WORK  -- EDIT THE MENU & IT SAYS THE NEW EXIT METHOD IS THE OBLOGOUT  -- DONT KNOW WHAT I DOWNLOADED THAT LOADED THAT -- FIXED IT EASILY ENOUGH BUT BEING A FAIRLY ANAL MINIMALIST I FIND THIS VERY CHEESY -- NOT TOO CRAZY ABOUT THE NEW MENU REGENERATION STUFF EITHER - SO FAR IT HAS HELPED ME START OVER ONE TIME WHEN I WADED INTO THE MENU WITH THE MISSION TO MODIFY- BUT JUST ONCE  -- THE REST OF THE TIME IT SEEMS TO CREATE AN ABSOLUTE MESS OF THINGS --

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
  • Branch: testing
  • Desktop: LXDE, Fluxbox, JWM, LXQt, bspwm
  • GPU Card: Intel 82945G/GZ
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.5, 4.6
  • Skill: Intermediate
Re: FLUXBOX MENU
« Reply #1 on: 24. December 2015, 23:59:32 »
Please, don't write with capital letters only, it makes the text less readable. (I don't understand much you wrote there.)
Check the file /var/log/pacman.log ther you can find what you installed. Go to the end of the text file.
Your old menu might be still available as a backup in ~/.fluxbox as menu.bak, rename it to menu and it should work again. And save it to somewhere else, too.
MSI Wind Nettop, Intel Atom 230 1.6GHz (64bit), 2GB RAM
DEs: NET-minimal + (LXDE / Fluxbox / JWM); LXQt OpenRC
how to install on btrfs subvolumes
http://manjaro.github.io/donate/

Offline ARMINIUS

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
« Reply #2 on: 28. December 2015, 09:10:15 »
PLEASE DONT TELL ME NOT TO WRITE IN CAPITALS  -- MYSELF & 3 OF OUR INSTALLERS DID A MARATHON COMPARISON BETWEEN MANJARO & DEBIAN  -- ONE OF THE FEW THINGS WE NOTICED RIGHT OFF THE BAT WAS THE FONT SIZE IN THE INSTALL DIALOGUE - MANJARO SEEMS TO BE WRITTEN FOR 16 YEAR OLDS WITH PREFECT EYES -- ACTUALLY AN EXTREMELY MINOR ISSUE OVERALL  -- ONE AREA WHERE MANJARO BESTED DEBIAN WAS THIS -- TWO 3 YEAR OLD PC'S -- DEBIAN WOULD NOT AUTOCONFIGURE THE DHCP ON THEM & ESTABLISH AN INTERNET CONNECTION  -- THE MAJARO HAD NO PROBLEMS & WENT RIGHT ON  -- THE ONLY OTHER MINOR ISSUE WE HAD WAS USING OCTOPI  -- IF YOU MAKE A TYPING MISTAKE - OR SIMPLY SEARCH FOR SOMETHING THAT ISNT THERE -- THE ITEM IS GRAYED OUT TO THE POINT OF BEING ILLEGIBLE -- DONT LIKE THAT  -- MINOR BUT ANNOYING -- ALL IN ALL -HOWEVER  A COMPLETE  WASH  -- I NOW HAVE 9 MACHINES IN MY WORK AREA RUNNING MANJARO /size]

edited by moderator.
« Last Edit: 28. December 2015, 12:36:38 by excalibur1234 »

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
« Reply #3 on: 28. December 2015, 12:03:41 »
good luck

Offline jonathon

• Core Team
  • Technologist - Teacher - Tea drinker
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: MATE 1.14
  • GPU Card: Nvidia GTX680M
  • GPU driver: Bumblebee nvidia+intel
  • Kernel: 4.6.0-*-MANJARO x86_64
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #4 on: 28. December 2015, 13:33:48 »
Might I suggest that instead of typing in capital letters and increasing the size of the font in the post, you increase the zoom level on your web browser?

There are many options to help make text easier to read. One for Firefox is the NoSquint extension which allows you to set up per-site zoom and colour options.

Finally, Fluxbox isn't known as the most accessible desktop environment. However, you should still be able to increase font sizes in its options to make things easier to read.
--
MSI GT70: Core i7-3630QM, 16GB, Nvidia GTX680M, Intel 2230, Manjaro-MATE-amd64-EFI
Lenovo X230: Core i5-3320M, 4GB, Intel HD4000, Intel 6205, Manjaro-MATE-amd64
Dell Studio 1749: Core i5 540, 8GB, ATi HD5650, Intel WLAN, Manjaro-Xfce-amd64
Let's go in the garden; you'll find something waiting.

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
« Reply #5 on: 28. December 2015, 14:15:59 »
Finally, Fluxbox isn't known as the most accessible desktop environment. However, you should still be able to increase font sizes in its options to make things easier to read.

To increase font size in Fluxbox menu you need to edit the style file.
Best copy your prefered style file from /usr/share/fluxbox/styles to ~/.fluxbox
Code: [Select]
cp /usr/share/fluxbox/styles/manjaro-flux/ ~/.fluxboxand edit the theme.cfg file
Code: [Select]
menu.frame.font: cantarell-14
menu.title.font: cantarell-14:bold
toolbar.clock.font: cantarell-14
toolbar.workspace.font: cantarell-14
toolbar.iconbar.focused.font: cantarell-10
toolbar.iconbar.unfocused.font: cantarell-10
window.font: comfortaa-13
Choose the fonts and sizes you like.

Offline ARMINIUS

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
« Reply #6 on: 12. February 2016, 16:02:27 »
OMG ALL CAPS ALL CAPS  -- THIS IS IT  - WE'VE TESTED MANJARO FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS NOW -- WHO ARE WE ? WE ARE A GROUP 0F 7 INSTALLERS WORKING AN AREA ALMOST THE SIZE OF GERMANY IN THE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST -- WE ARE ALL NEAR THE END OF OUR CAREERS & ENJOY THE TRAVEL  -- WE ARE THE ROAD WARRIORS - WE HAVE OVER 200 YEARS EXPERIENCE AMONGST OURSELVES -  2 HAVE TERMINAL DEGREES IN COMP SCI - UCLA & MIGHIGAN - THE REST HAVE AT LEAST BACHELORS DEGREES & WE ALL HAVE NUMEROUS CERTS FROM MICROSOFT & CISCO -- ARE WE LINUX GEEKS ? NOT AT ALL -- BUT WE ALL STARTED 30+ YEARS AGO PROGRAMMING IN MICRO ASSEMBLER OR IN ACTUAL CIRCUIT ISSUE DIAGNOSIS & REPAIR SO ITS NOT LIKE WE ARE WIDE EYED ARROGANT LITTLE DOPES EITHER  --HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE FOUND  -- MOST OF US STILL PREFER THE DEBIAN INSTALLER -- BASED SOLELY ON APPEARANCE MIND YOU  -THE  MANJARO INSTALLER HAS PROVEN TO BE ROCK SOLID RELIABLE - WORKS EVERY TIME  -- ASIDE FROM THAT MINOR QUIBBLE & A BUMP OR TWO ALONG THE WAY THAT ARENT WORTH MENTIONING WE HAVE ALL STARTED USING IT INTERCHANGEABLY WITH DEBIAN. 2 OF US HAVE GONE TO MANJARO COMPLETELY AT HOME - THE OTHERS HAVE AT LEAST 2 MACHINES RUNNING IT AT HOME OR IN THE HOME OFFICE. ALL IN ALL -- PRETTY GOOD STUFF GUYS  -- KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK  -- ADIOS

Offline eugen-b

• Support Team
« Reply #7 on: 12. February 2016, 16:15:56 »
I somehow start to like your style...
Anyway, I think it is strange to compare Manjaro installers with the Debian installer - they are completely different.

Offline undeuchaeta

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #8 on: 19. February 2016, 02:05:56 »
i do not recall having any trouble reading the manjaro installer text, and if i can read it most people could! i am at least as ancient as the op. i installed manjaro on a lenovo t400.