Poll

Did you experience any issue with this update?

No issues, everything went smoothly.
132 (62.9%)
Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
30 (14.3%)
Yes I am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
48 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 210

Author Topic: [Update] 2016-04-26 - Cinnamon 3.0, Pamac, Gnome 3.20, KDE, Virtualbox  (Read 28848 times)

Offline Zenny422

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Manjaro KDE and Loving it
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: KDE
  • GPU Card: ATI-5700 HD
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Kernel: Linux 4.1
  • Skill: Novice
Everything seems Ok  even Dropbox on taskbar seems to be stable. Way to go  8)

Offline Mertcan

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
    • Mertcan Gökgöz
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: Xfce
  • GPU Card: ATİ Radeon HD 8850M / R9 M265X
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: 4.4.6-1 x86_64
  • Skill: Intermediate
My theme not working now and some application graphical issue for new version of gtk

Offline danimac13

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Updated here.

Some may have feel creep out about the theme change, but this can be solve easily.
Open term and type:
sudo pacman -Sy vertex-maia-themes vertex-maia-icon-theme xcursor-maia

Go to settings->apearence
and select vertex-maia
Go to LightDM GTK+ Configurations
and select vertex-maia

Ok, now you can chill out.

Offline steanne

• Neuling
  • Desktop: xfce
  • GPU Card: GTX970
  • Kernel: 4.4.6-1
not sure what to do about this:

Code: [Select]
(137/150) upgrading texlive-bin                                     [######################################] 100%
>>> texlive: updating the filename database...
warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these directories: /usr/bin:/usr/bin/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/bin/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/bin/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/bin/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/bin/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/bin/texmf/web2c:/usr:/usr/share/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/share/texmf/web2c:/usr/texmf-local/web2c:/usr/texmf-dist/web2c:/usr/texmf/web2c://texmf-local/web2c:/://share/texmf-local/web2c://share/texmf-dist/web2c://share/texmf/web2c://texmf-local/web2c://texmf-dist/web2c://texmf/web2c.

Offline themew

• Neuling
  • Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3
  • GPU Card: NVIDIA GT216 [GeForce GT 220]
  • GPU driver: NVIDIA 340.96
  • Kernel: 4.4.6-1-MANJARO x86_64

Where is: 
''Go to LightDM GTK+ Configurations
and select vertex-maia''
located?

I've never altered this in XFCE before and didn't find the info in the wiki (although I may have missed it)

Offline danimac13

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Where is: 
''Go to LightDM GTK+ Configurations
and select vertex-maia''
located?

I've never altered this in XFCE before and didn't find the info in the wiki (although I may have missed it)

Sorry, I didn't specify correctly. Settings-> LightDM GTK+ Configurations
Change both Theme and Icons to vertex-maia

Offline kouros17

• Held Mitglied
  • Branch: Unstable
  • Desktop: Xfce (4.12.3)
  • GPU Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570 / R7 200 Series
  • GPU driver: Non-free (Catalyst)
  • Kernel: 4.6rc7 - x86_64
My theme not working now and some application graphical issue for new version of gtk

Quote from: philm
Please read this and switch to vertex-maia. Thx.

Offline aldius

• Neuling
Like Notfound steam is broken. i dont know what update did it but im not updating on my gaming pc. i have almost the same error other then the driver.
edit: im on intel gpu where he is amd.

edit2: if i do a STEAM_RUNTIME=0 steam i get a list of missing deps. libgobject-2.0.so.0, libglib-2.0.so.0, libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0, and libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0. i did install one i cant remember what it was. but it wasn't a a full fix. steam did start but crashed on showing the gui.
« Last Edit: 27. April 2016, 02:07:37 by aldius »

Offline llogg

• Sr. Mitglied
any downsides to ignoring the gtk update so as to keep current themes in place?
Laptop: Ideapad U310, Kernel 4.1, 4.3, MDM, XFCE

Desktop: Kernel 4.0, 4.1, MDM, XFCE, Nvidia non-free drivers

Offline g33zr

• Vollwertiges Mitglied
  • Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
  • Desktop: Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Intel
  • GPU driver: free
  • Kernel: the latest
Update without issues. Thanks Phil et al.  :)
OK, so I took the red pill. Now what?

Offline kb41

• Neuling
  • Kernel: linux44-x64
I couldn't update at first because I jacked up my login manager i didn't have enough to really sit and troubleshoot, so i reinstalled Manjaro and when I tried to update it got the end of downloading 342 updates and said transaction failed so i reset mirrors and keyrings and such and I was finally to do 412 updates. So far so good. ;D

Offline estrullo

• Neuling
Libreoffice looks really weird after GTK 3.20 and vertex. Can't see the menus and icons on the toolbar. Greenbird theme fixes it.

Offline db_Is_Me

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
Re: [Update] Optimus problems?
« Reply #27 on: 27. April 2016, 03:37:14 »
Hi

Got through the default theme issues, but seem to now have a problem with default optimus.
(Laptop with optimus, 4.4x kernel, xfce, all latest updates).

Prior to this update, after the initial startup, the nvidia notification LED would turn itself off, and I would be running on the Intel integrated graphics. That's what I'd like to do.

Now, the notification LED is always on, which indicates that the nvidia card is always on and never powered off. It still seems to be accessing the integrated graphics by default, as I can only access nvidia-settings if I run primusrun nvidia-settings -c :8, as I used to prior to the update.

Code: [Select]
dmesg extract:
[    4.087046] bbswitch: version 0.8
[    4.087050] bbswitch: Found integrated VGA device 0000:00:02.0: \_SB_.PCI0.GFX0
[    4.087054] bbswitch: Found discrete VGA device 0000:01:00.0: \_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP
[    4.087063] ACPI Warning: \_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM: Argument #4 type mismatch - Found [Buffer], ACPI requires [Package] (20150930/nsarguments-95)
[    4.087132] bbswitch: detected an Optimus _DSM function
[    4.087138] bbswitch: device 0000:01:00.0 is in use by driver 'nvidia', refusing OFF
[    4.087139] bbswitch: Succesfully loaded. Discrete card 0000:01:00.0 is on

$ mhwd -li
> Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-bumblebee            2016.02.05               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

After searching around, found this post. Seems like the nvidia driver is not being unloaded. If I follow the modprobe -r nvidia and then the tee command, I can manually turn the discrete card off.

Same happens with 4.1x kernel.  Here says that bumblebeed should turn the nvidia card off. So seems to be something funky with bbswitch/bumblebeed/driver interaction.
« Last Edit: 27. April 2016, 04:02:40 by db_Is_Me »

Offline Odysseus

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: KDE
  • GPU Card: nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX
  • GPU driver: nVidia non-free
  • Kernel: linux44-x64
Over 450 packages on my KDE-Plasma install, and other than answering a few dependency issues at the beginning of the update it went smooth as silk! My complements to all involved.

After spending 12 years as a Gentoo user, and the last three months trying out different Distros, I finally have found a home here with Manjaro. Excellent effort!

Offline Heart Of A Lion

• Sr. Mitglied
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Xfce, Enlightenment
  • GPU Card: ATi 7770 . . . . . . . CPU: AMD octacore 4GHz
  • GPU driver: Free (video-ATI)
  • Kernel: 4.6 (x64)
I'm using the Greenbird theme on Xfce, so it will be interesting to see if it holds up after this update.

Since it seems like a big update (343 packages totaling 1.3GB for me), I will update tomorrow after making a Clonezilla backup of my system first. Just to play it safe.