Author Topic: [stable] Manjaro Lxqt 16.04 released !  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Nonstop decay

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Desktop: Cinnamon
  • GPU Card: Radeon HD 6850
  • GPU driver: non-free
  • Skill: Intermediate
Re: [stable] Manjaro Lxqt 16.04 released !
« Reply #60 on: 17. April 2016, 11:47:26 »
Hello.
I just tried to install it in a VM, and I have few issues. I don't know if it's related to virtualbox or LXQT-openbox.

- If I resize the virtualbox window, the LXQT wallpaper is not refreshed and stay the size it was at login
  even if I change the wallpaper from settings it seems LXQT always use the same size for the desktop wallpaper.
  but all the rest follow the window resize (panel, etc). just wallpaper that don't. it's maybe related to LXQT as it's the first time I try it in VM. and after a right click on the wallpaper give me the lxqt context menu. and on the black part it give the openbox context menu

- I have a little theme issue (I guess) or it's maybe on purpose. but there is a "bug" when some qt widget are selectionned but do not have the focus. see the screenshot,

I've got the same problem with VirtualBox, and some more serious problems.
1. When I press the menu button (botton left) a menu will appear on the top left of the screen.
2. There is no internet connection. (Even though it says wired connection 1 is active.
3. The machine crashes after a minute or two.

In short, for me it doesn't work at all. And that's a pity, because it looks so pretty.  :(

P.S. Maybe it's time to update my VirtualBox... I'm getting more problems, with different OSs. (I'm still on 4.3.28)

P.P.S. Indeed, with a newer version of VirtualBox I can install Manjaro LXQt without crashes. However, the other errors are still here.
And after a reboot the menu and the resolution work normally. It's just the internet connection now.
« Last Edit: 17. April 2016, 17:51:23 by Nonstop decay »

Offline AJ1000

• Sr. Mitglied
  • Branch: stable
  • Desktop: LXQT
  • GPU Card: NVidia
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #61 on: 22. April 2016, 19:00:34 »
I have tried LXQT today, and it is working brilliantly for me after I added Compton and the non free NVidia drivers. The only issue I am seeing is the the man-db service is failing at startup. Anybody know how to solve this?

Otherwise works so well I can now leave MATE and XFCE which are getting the gtk 3.20 breakages. The other thing that I was puzzled by is why 'unified-Manjaro-themes-openbox' was not installed as default, there is also 'openbox-themes' that can be installed as well.

Thanks for your work.
« Last Edit: 22. April 2016, 19:02:29 by AJ1000 »

Offline Esclapion

• Support Team
    • manjaro
  • Desktop: Lxqt
  • GPU Card: GTX 970
  • GPU driver: nonfree
  • Kernel: 4.4.6
  • Skill: Advanced
« Reply #62 on: 22. April 2016, 20:16:27 »
The only issue I am seeing is the the man-db service is failing at startup. Anybody know how to solve this?

It's not a bug, only a warning. The daily update of man-db is disabled, because it's very long. I only search how to hide the error|warning.  ;)

(edit)
I tested lxqt on unstable, so gtk3.20, and no problem found. Anyway, lxqt don't use gtk3 theme.
« Last Edit: 22. April 2016, 20:18:19 by Esclapion »
Venez nous rejoindre sur l'IRC francophone
Patrice - Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent (Asimov)

Offline AJ1000

• Sr. Mitglied
  • Desktop: LXQT
  • GPU Card: NVidia
  • GPU driver: Free
  • Skill: Novice
« Reply #63 on: 22. April 2016, 20:21:31 »
Thanks for that, it is good you disabled it. I will ignore the error. LXQT is working great, and this version is the lightest one I have seen.

Offline gqbnm0

• Neuling
  • I'm new. Be nice!
  • Branch: Stable
  • Desktop: Fluxbox
  • Kernel: linux318-x64
« Reply #64 on: 11. May 2016, 05:47:21 »
Thank you very much for this build!  I tried to set up an arch/lxqt after finally ditching someone else's xfce a couple years ago.  Love the idea of lxqt, I but failed to make it useful and went instead with your Openbox and now Fluxbox.

I'm looking forward to soon trying it.

Offline excalibur1234

• Global Moderator
  • Branch: unstable
  • Desktop: net-minimal + LXQt
  • GPU driver: video-nouveau
  • Kernel: 4.6
« Reply #65 on: 11. May 2016, 19:27:17 »
if you want instructions how to  build your own manjaro lxqt, look here:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Minimal_LXQt_installation

unfortunately, you have to find the cool themes and the other customizations Escalopion does yourself.
Need more information? Search here:   Manjaro Forum   |   Manjaro Wiki   |   Arch Wiki